Photo

Dreams Palm Beach Brides 2012 - w/pics

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 scarletbride

scarletbride
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

The bonfire is only 15 minutes long... does anyone really want to pay $100 for a 15 minute fire?? 

#42 Lasallebabe

Lasallebabe
    • Site Supporter
    • 154 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

15 mins?? Are you serious. That's a big rip off!

Originally Posted by scarletbride 

The bonfire is only 15 minutes long... does anyone really want to pay $100 for a 15 minute fire?? 

#43 mandys

mandys
      • 181 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

Got my save the dates done. 19 cents each!!!! I designed them in paint, and printed them at Walmart.Capture.JPG

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
        April 2012

#44 jillbu11

jillbu11
        • 48 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

Nice job!!!!! They are very nice!

I can’t believe the bonfire is only 15 minutes, that’s a joke…it seems like by the time they got the fire started it would be over..lol

Attached Files

#45 letluva5412

letluva5412
          • 76 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

Hello ladies,

glad to have found a forum that's Dreams Palm Beach.  Every other one I've found is Dreams Romana or Dreams.  Our wedding is booked 5/4/12.  It took about 2 weeks from the time I submitted my paperwok and documents to the time I received our confirmation.  Is anyone doing a religious ceremony?  I was told by Mercy that the priest was booked, but I'm not sure his name.  Does anyone know?  Originally we were going with a symbolic ceremony and Pastor York was going to do it but then we changed our mind.

May 4, 2012

#46 mandys

mandys
            • 181 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

I think there is only one priest that will do your wedding in Punta Cana. Not sure of his name...any reason why you decided against Pastor York?

Originally Posted by letluva5412 View Post

Hello ladies,

glad to have found a forum that's Dreams Palm Beach.  Every other one I've found is Dreams Romana or Dreams.  Our wedding is booked 5/4/12.  It took about 2 weeks from the time I submitted my paperwok and documents to the time I received our confirmation.  Is anyone doing a religious ceremony?  I was told by Mercy that the priest was booked, but I'm not sure his name.  Does anyone know?  Originally we were going with a symbolic ceremony and Pastor York was going to do it but then we changed our mind.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
              April 2012

#47 swojdyla

swojdyla
              • 184 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hey mandy they look great!! What program did you use to design them???

#48 Amorae84

Amorae84
                • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Hi DPB Brides-to-Be!

I'm so happy someone started a new thread. Too bad I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours reading the old one before I realized this one was in existence. FAIL. Oh well. My FH and I just booked our trip yesterday to visit DPB and two other resorts in July, but I'm all but convinced that DPB is the place for us. Something would have to be a complete disaster for us to change our mind.

As far as the judge goes, I think the major concern with some of the previous DPB brides (after reading the other thread, I learned a few things ;) is 1) he performs the ceremony in Spanish and it needs to be translated, 2) he has limited availability and can usually only do morning and early afternoon ceremonies (rare evening ceremonies, depending on availability), and then the marriage certificate is in Spanish, so if it ever needs to be presented back in the US anywhere, it would need to be translated into English which can be pricey. Someone posted that you can save roughly $400 by doing the civil union and signing the papers at home and having Pastor Rick conduct the Symbolic Ceremony in DR. Or you can wait, have the symbolic ceremony only, and then have the legal service after your wedding. :)

#49 Amorae84

Amorae84
                  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

And as far as a priest goes, I didn't read anything about him. Just Pastor Rick who performs religious ceremonies as well, and the Judge. Someone also mentioned being married in a cathedral ten minutes from the resort, too.

#50 letluva5412

letluva5412
                    • 76 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

Oh ok... We wanted to do the sacrament of matrimony.  Nothing against him personally =0)

We were going to do a symbolic ceremony and then for our 1 yr anniversary do a catholic ceremony where we live but decided to just do that originally and then just go away for our 1 yr

Originally Posted by mandys 

I think there is only one priest that will do your wedding in Punta Cana. Not sure of his name...any reason why you decided against Pastor York?

May 4, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users