Photo

Something old....

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 annetteeve

annetteeve
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

I think your parents cake cutter is a wonderful idea as your something "old". I think the tradition is really something that is there for reflection on the past( something old) and connecting with others ( something borrowed) so anything that has some meaning to you regardless of it being 5 years old or 85 years old will do the trick.

I am using my mothers wedding purse as my something old.

#12 islandbride8

islandbride8
    • 315 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:25 AM

I got my something old yesterday at my shower.  it's the bonnet i wore home from the hospital when i was born!  it was made so that after it's worn as a baby bonnet, you take out a couple of stitches and it turns into a hanky for your wedding day.  it even came with a poem that i couldn't even read i was crying too much :)   So, my "something old" is 28 years old.  i guess these things used to be pretty popular, b/c every bridal shower i go to in my family the bride-to-be gets one from her mom.  i think anything that connects you to your past works and you can use it anytime throughout the day of your wedding, so reception definately counts :)

#13 kerrib

kerrib
      • 207 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

These are all great.

I think you can use/wear the old, new, borrowed, blue where ever you want!

My something new is a tattoo in memoriam of my grandparents who passed away from my wedding, old is my great great grandmothers ring, borrowed is my best friends veil (we call it the traveling veil since all our girlfriends have/are using it), and I'm not sure what my blue is just yet.

#14 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
        • 710 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

I don't have my something old yet. Still trying to figure that out. However, My something borrowed is My Best friend's veil too!! We've been friends for almost 30 years! She's like my sister and the honor is mutual for borrowing the veil :)

#15 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
          • 710 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

OMG I so love this! Very personal and holds sentimental value.

Originally Posted by islandbride8 

I got my something old yesterday at my shower.  it's the bonnet i wore home from the hospital when i was born!  it was made so that after it's worn as a baby bonnet, you take out a couple of stitches and it turns into a hanky for your wedding day.  it even came with a poem that i couldn't even read i was crying too much :)   So, my "something old" is 28 years old.  i guess these things used to be pretty popular, b/c every bridal shower i go to in my family the bride-to-be gets one from her mom.  i think anything that connects you to your past works and you can use it anytime throughout the day of your wedding, so reception definately counts :)

#16 Ms Di

Ms Di
            • 153 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Something old can be anything you want and in any part of your wedding. Please share what you end up doing.

#17 LandG

LandG
              • 152 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Anything that you think in important can count.

#18 Sharon99

Sharon99
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

awww this is so sweet!

#19 allbap

allbap
                  • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

I think you can do it anyway you want as long as it has meaning to you.  

My old = my shoes ( I want to comfortable lol)

My new = earrings and dress

My borrowed = my sisters watch  ( been trying to get her to give it to me for years)

My blue = my bouquet ( made with rhinestone brooches and silk flowers, it will not be tossed)

#20 allbap

allbap
                    • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

OMG, that is so special, I would have cried too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users