Adding QR Codes to Invitations or STDs

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 slin2011

• 51 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Just wanted to share something fun we are doing on our Boarding Pass Save the Dates.  You know those codes that you can just scan with your cell phone that takes you to a website?..we created one to add on our STDs. 

It is really easy.  All you need to do is Google "QR Code Generator" and a whole bunch of sites come up.  You just need to enter in the URL of your wedding site and it will be converted to an image. 

I used http://qrcode.kaywa.com/ to create a QR code for the Best Destination Weddings Forum.  As long as you have the bar code reader app on your phone, you can scan the image below and it'll take you right to the forum.

#2 STAC8228

• 155 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

hmm, will have to look into that!

#3 DramaticAnnie

• 281 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

That's cool, I always wondered how hard it was for places to have those when I see them in newspapers and stuff...

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
        ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#4 yanwei

• Banned
        • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:18 PM

Hey,I must say that's a wonderful idea you've got out there! QR codes shouldn't be the boring black and white like forever~ In fact, we should modify it according to our needs (as long as it doesn't affect the encoded data). we can do many things with QR code.like commercial tracking, entertainment and transport ticketing, product marketing and product labeling.

#5 billbee4

• 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

QR codes are a neat way to notify friends and family of an upcoming wedding. More and more young people are going with

"Mobile Weddings". If there is anyone interested in having a mobile wedding where you can send a person to the ceremony venue, the reception venue, the gift registry, photos, all with a simple QR code just let me know. Email me for more info.

#6 King

• Banned
            • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hope barcode could be easily generated by excel & word.

#7 King

• Banned
              • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hope this could be generated in excel & word

#8 Diamantenyc

• 161 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

QR codes are the way forward, we will doing some

#9 susan00

• Banned
                  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Hi, thank you for suggestion. I have also googled a QR Code barcode generator and QR Code barcode scanner and I have installed them in my telephone. It's really convenient.

#10 MickeyMouse

• 156 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users