Jump to content

Photo

Recent ROR bride!! Any questions?????


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 frizzy64

frizzy64
  • Newbie
  • 54 posts

    Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:54 AM



    Originally Posted by LauraB2B 

    Congrats on the wedding!! and thanks so much for offering your help on any questions we may have! Is there anything that you wish you would have done differently or anything that you would change if you were to do it all over again? Also what time was your actual ceremony and did it work out well for you? We are having a hard time deciding what time to reserve!



    Our ceromony was at 1pm and this was ideal for us. It was not too hot as the beach location is very shaded. We have plenty of time in the morning to get ready which was nice. After the ceromony we had cocktails on the beach and enjoyed the steel drum band which we hired for an hour. Then we went and had pictures done which took around 2 hours (guests who werent required went to the bar and sat and had drinks). After the photos we grabbed a little snack at the italian and then went back to our room to freshen up and chill out for a little bit (our guests all did the same). This was a really nice time of the day as we got to spend some time just the 2 of us and our guests appeitiated the time to chill out too. Then at 6:30 we went to our reception and then at 9pm we started the beach party which finished at 11:30. I am so glad we went with 1pm for the ceromony. I dont know how people do it when they get married later. They must have rushed through everything!

     



    #22 LauraB2B

    LauraB2B
    • Newbie
    • 18 posts

      Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

      Thanks for the reply! I'm glad everything worked out nicely for you! What did you think of all of the weddings throughout the day? Was there every any conflict in time or event with other weddings? I can't believe they fit four weddings a day at the Riu's!!



      #23 frizzy64

      frizzy64
      • Newbie
      • 54 posts

        Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:47 AM



         

        Originally Posted by LauraB2B 

        Thanks for the reply! I'm glad everything worked out nicely for you! What did you think of all of the weddings throughout the day? Was there every any conflict in time or event with other weddings? I can't believe they fit four weddings a day at the Riu's!!



        I didn't see another wedding until my own so i didn't feel like i was in a wedding factory or anything! On my wedding day there were 3 weddings. I booked in advance for our beach party so i knew we have that secured before we went. I believe one of the other couples also wanted one so i was glad we thought ahead! The mammee bay steakhouse was busy with another wedding on the night so we got a free upgrade to a private wedding reception at the plantation. It didn't make any difference to us anyway. I recommend you book your hair and make-up in the spa ahead of time too as that way you can be sure to get your ideal time. There was another bride in the salon just after us who was getting married before me.

        During the 2nd week there we heard that 2 weddings had been double booked for the same time and location so they had to move one to later in the day. Apparently the bride was devastated but to be honest i don't think it would have bothered me. It was only moved an hour later.

        The number of weddings a day varied so some days there were only 2 and others there were 4. One day we sat on the beach and saw 5!

         



        #24 DeltaBride

        DeltaBride
        • Newbie
        • 5 posts

          Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

          Thank you so much Frizzy64!  I would have showed up completely unprepared w/ no decorations. I will def be bringing most of my own to save $.  



          #25 meeshie77

          meeshie77
          • Jr. Member
          • 208 posts

            Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

            Thank you for the great feedback.  10 more months for us...can't wait!!
             

            Originally Posted by frizzy64 



             



            I didn't see another wedding until my own so i didn't feel like i was in a wedding factory or anything! On my wedding day there were 3 weddings. I booked in advance for our beach party so i knew we have that secured before we went. I believe one of the other couples also wanted one so i was glad we thought ahead! The mammee bay steakhouse was busy with another wedding on the night so we got a free upgrade to a private wedding reception at the plantation. It didn't make any difference to us anyway. I recommend you book your hair and make-up in the spa ahead of time too as that way you can be sure to get your ideal time. There was another bride in the salon just after us who was getting married before me.

            During the 2nd week there we heard that 2 weddings had been double booked for the same time and location so they had to move one to later in the day. Apparently the bride was devastated but to be honest i don't think it would have bothered me. It was only moved an hour later.

            The number of weddings a day varied so some days there were only 2 and others there were 4. One day we sat on the beach and saw 5!

             



             



            #26 hutchets

            hutchets
            • Jr. Member
            • 195 posts

              Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:43 PM



              There was only one other wedding on the same day as ours and it was at the pond gazebo and not at the beach.  It was a Jamaican family wedding which we actually got to see a bit of from our balcony.  I guess it's possible that it all depends on the time of year you are getting married as to how many weddings are scheduled each day. 

              Originally Posted by frizzy64 



               



              I didn't see another wedding until my own so i didn't feel like i was in a wedding factory or anything! On my wedding day there were 3 weddings. I booked in advance for our beach party so i knew we have that secured before we went. I believe one of the other couples also wanted one so i was glad we thought ahead! The mammee bay steakhouse was busy with another wedding on the night so we got a free upgrade to a private wedding reception at the plantation. It didn't make any difference to us anyway. I recommend you book your hair and make-up in the spa ahead of time too as that way you can be sure to get your ideal time. There was another bride in the salon just after us who was getting married before me.

              During the 2nd week there we heard that 2 weddings had been double booked for the same time and location so they had to move one to later in the day. Apparently the bride was devastated but to be honest i don't think it would have bothered me. It was only moved an hour later.

              The number of weddings a day varied so some days there were only 2 and others there were 4. One day we sat on the beach and saw 5!

               



               


              Theresa
              Riu Ocho Rios April 16, 2011

              http://tickers.Ticke....15e8/event.png

              #27 meeshie77

              meeshie77
              • Jr. Member
              • 208 posts

                Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

                Is it seriously a pond?  Is it smelly or anything?  We were planning to get married at the Garden Gazebo.  Is that where you meant?
                 

                Originally Posted by hutchets 



                There was only one other wedding on the same day as ours and it was at the pond gazebo and not at the beach.  It was a Jamaican family wedding which we actually got to see a bit of from our balcony.  I guess it's possible that it all depends on the time of year you are getting married as to how many weddings are scheduled each day. 



                 



                 



                #28 KelandJay81

                KelandJay81
                • Jr. Member
                • 158 posts

                  Posted 21 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

                  Hi Frizzy64, congrats on your wedding!

                   

                  Was the beach party your reception as well? If not where did you have it?

                  I am looking for any info you may have about the Plantation Restaurant. That is where we are booked into for our dinner.

                   

                  Also, LOVE YOUR dress! The beach party looks like so much fun!


                  Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
                  January 12, 2012

                  51 Booked!!! Wooooo hoooo!
                  Our Wedding Website


                  #29 bride6262

                  bride6262
                  • Member
                  • 582 posts

                    Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

                    does anyone have the email for the WC at riu Ocho Rios??



                    #30 Val2012

                    Val2012
                    • Newbie
                    • 14 posts

                      Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:29 AM


                      mice.ori @ riu.com

                      Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

                      does anyone have the email for the WC at riu Ocho Rios??



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users