Sign in to follow this  
Eskie14

Frustrated Bride - Moon Palace

How frustrating! Has anyone tried posting this problem on their Facebook site? I have had trouble getting a reply from my on-site WC (it's now 2 mo. before our wedding). Sent multiple emails, left phone messages, even had my TA intervene, to no avail. Posted on Facebook, got an instant response from their guy who monitors Facebook and a response from my WC the next day...

I think a public complaint is warranted and much more effective!!

Good luck girls! I never got anything in writing about the video since I'd read in this forum that it wasn't an issue. Grrrrr. Let us know if you get them to honor points for video, as I will be fighting that battle soon too!

What problems did you have with using the $ towards golf?  We got married last July & didn't have any problems with using the Vacation Dollars, & now we're going back this July & one of the main reasons we're going back so soon is because they still have the vacation dollar promotion.  We plan on using $1200 of our vacation dollars on golf.  I noticed this time that club rental isn't included, but I'm hoping there's not a $ limit on golf.  The website says you can use up to $1500 on golf.  Please let me know what they said the limit was.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by blondy View Post

I only saw this thread just now! I got married at mp on apr 8, and this is the first I have heard of this. We used an outside photographer but used the mp videographer ONLY because we could use points. I do have emails to this effect, and will fight charges on my credit card if a $500 charge shoes up.

The problem we DID run into was with golf. Same type of story - they changed the rules, and limited the number of points you could use, and what you could use them for. My now hubby's fought the changes and they agreed to stick with the original rules

Here's the summary from the promo page (the last line excludes club rentals):

GOLF: Use up to $1,500 resort credit towards green fees, and shared cart when you book a 5-8 night stay, $750 Resort Credit with a 4 night stay, $500 Resort Credit with a 3 night stay, $2,000 Resort Credit with a 9-11 night stay, and $2,500 Resort Credit with a 12 + night stay. Golf Courses: Moon Spa & Golf Club, Riviera Cancun Golf & Resorts, and Playacar Spa & Golf Club. Transportation to the golf courses is included. The unlimited golf package and the golf with spa option package are not combinable with this promotion. Not valid for clubs or shoes rentals.

I'm not sure when they changed that & maybe if you have any kind of proof that you booked it before they excluded club rental, you could fight them on that one.  When we went in July, we did use Vacation Dollars for club rentals.

Congrats Blondy!!!! Can't wait to read your review and view your photos!

Please keep everyone updated on what everyone finds out about videography and golf.  Hopefully they get everything straightened out soon!!!!

Originally Posted by blondy View Post

I only saw this thread just now! I got married at mp on apr 8, and this is the first I have heard of this. We used an outside photographer but used the mp videographer ONLY because we could use points. I do have emails to this effect, and will fight charges on my credit card if a $500 charge shoes up.

The problem we DID run into was with golf. Same type of story - they changed the rules, and limited the number of points you could use, and what you could use them for. My now hubby's fought the changes and they agreed to stick with the original rules

@Blondy: When you used an outside photographer, did you have to buy a room night for each one, or did they let you just do day passes? I've been hearing different things....

I was able to double check my contract and it's definitely in there. A line that says (vacation dollars) and then (USD dollars)... it shows my balance of $1100 on the Vacation Dollars line!

Originally Posted by aholen View Post

How frustrating! Has anyone tried posting this problem on their Facebook site? I have had trouble getting a reply from my on-site WC (it's now 2 mo. before our wedding). Sent multiple emails, left phone messages, even had my TA intervene, to no avail. Posted on Facebook, got an instant response from their guy who monitors Facebook and a response from my WC the next day...

I think a public complaint is warranted and much more effective!!

Good luck girls! I never got anything in writing about the video since I'd read in this forum that it wasn't an issue. Grrrrr. Let us know if you get them to honor points for video, as I will be fighting that battle soon too!

Has anyone had any luck getting the vacation dollars for the video? I was told I could have used the dollars toward video but I never confirmed again with Belem when I reviewed my purchase order so now they are trying not to honor it. I am so pissed. It's partially my fault for not reconfirming but I think they should still honor it since I booked by in January. I am so annoyed bc the video quality isn't good, even cheesy but I know I'll want speeches, vows, etc on video. If anyone has any advice I need it b/c I am fighting for it with the new contact Lupita now.

I read in another thread (aventura spa i believe) that the wc there said they would still honor the resort credits for photography and videography if you booked your package before March 1st.  So check out that thread and inquire with the bride- sorry I can't remember her name!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl View Post

Has anyone had any luck getting the vacation dollars for the video? I was told I could have used the dollars toward video but I never confirmed again with Belem when I reviewed my purchase order so now they are trying not to honor it. I am so pissed. It's partially my fault for not reconfirming but I think they should still honor it since I booked by in January. I am so annoyed bc the video quality isn't good, even cheesy but I know I'll want speeches, vows, etc on video. If anyone has any advice I need it b/c I am fighting for it with the new contact Lupita now.