Frustrated Bride - Moon Palace

Hi all,

I'm getting married on June 5, 2011 at the Moon Palace.  Everything up to this point was running smoothly.... until this past Monday (3/21/11) I found out from the photo department at the resort that they are NO LONGER using the 1500 promotion (resort credits) for the photography.  I was told "not to worry, the new pricing comes out March 26, 2011 and will be cheaper.  WHAT since when is cheaper better than FREE.  I wanted to do the Superior photo package for $1250.00 and use my credits.  Now we have to pay out of pocket.  I was not expecting to do this and certainly not two months before my wedding.  At first I thought I just had to book before the 25th, but NOPE you have to get married before then.  Oh and why didn't the WC tell me that when I inquired about using the credits for our photography....I'm so frustrated!!!!!!! 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eskie, Wow! This is a brand new issue with Palace Resorts. They are always changing the rules to make sure people can't take advantage of the full $1500. We were planning on using part of our resort dollars to get the video. We just got an email from the photography department this week, but since our friends will be taking professional photos I never replied. I will send a message now. We are less than a month away, so we would be in an even more desperate situation.

WHAT!!!

Originally Posted by Eskie14 View Post

Hi all,

I'm getting married on June 5, 2011 at the Moon Palace.  Everything up to this point was running smoothly.... until this past Monday (3/21/11) I found out from the photo department at the resort that they are NO LONGER using the 1500 promotion (resort credits) for the photography.  I was told "not to worry, the new pricing comes out March 26, 2011 and will be cheaper.  WHAT since when is cheaper better than FREE.  I wanted to do the Superior photo package for $1250.00 and use my credits.  Now we have to pay out of pocket.  I was not expecting to do this and certainly not two months before my wedding.  At first I thought I just had to book before the 25th, but NOPE you have to get married before then.  Oh and why didn't the WC tell me that when I inquired about using the credits for our photography....I'm so frustrated!!!!!!! 

I got an outside photographer but is the Videography not count either now!!!????

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Eskie, Wow! This is a brand new issue with Palace Resorts. They are always changing the rules to make sure people can't take advantage of the full $1500. We were planning on using part of our resort dollars to get the video. We just got an email from the photography department this week, but since our friends will be taking professional photos I never replied. I will send a message now. We are less than a month away, so we would be in an even more desperate situation.

I know what you mean :( it hasn't been pleasant for me either --- hang in there, i keep hearing that they're great in making our dreams come true once we're there!

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 View Post

Thanks, dealing with Palace Resorts wedding department in Miami has added to my frustrations so much that it is hard to be excited.

Amara - once I hear back, I will let you know.

Okay, so I got a message back today from Palace photography. I was told that the promo dollars ended March 25. It does not look like any prices changed that much. I will post the prices on the Moon Palace wiki. I think I am going to try to fight it because the palace promo is still posted on their website and there is no mention of an expiry date.

Hi Everyone,

I looked today as well for the new pricing and saw that it is still showing the old prices along with the $ symbol for promos.  I contacted the photo department again and was told "yes, I noticed it and reported it to the operations manager".  I replied with this is ridiculous and I'm very annoyed at how you are running a business.  I also asked for the managers phone number.  I then contacted my WC Val Vera and said the same thing.  We'll see what I get back.  GRRRRRRR