Sign in to follow this  
Shay12

The best month to go to Cancun / Riviera Maya during "OFF" season??

Hey Ladies!

The Riviera Maya offers some great weather year-round!  But, there are special considerations in each season!  Check out the CLIMATE FAQs for more detailed information.

Happy Plannning!

Sofia

Lori's Office Assistant

September and early October are iffy because of the chance of rain, the leftover intense heat of the summer, and the lingering high humidity. I would recommend the end of October or sometime in April or May, which are hotter but not as humid and rainy.

You'll have the heat you wish for in July, Lori....every month in our incomparable Mayan Riviera has it's own charm and beauty!

.....here is some more weather related info, if you're still doing some research........Mexican Weather.

Hope your plans go smoothly, and you create the perfect wedding you envision........Cheers :)

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

Why do they usually say hurricane season is June - October when there are rarely any hurricanes in June. It is more common for hurricanes to occur in November than in June I have learned. My friend had a wedding in Riviera Maya in November a few years back. Her travel agent MIL used the June-October logic and booked the trip for November swearing it was safe. But hurricane Ida swept through the area THE ENTIRE TRIP. The only day of sunshine for us was the last morning when we were all on our way back to the airport......

I would never recommend planning a wedding during the hurricane months. Yes, its a gamble. Better rates, less crowded, etc seems worth it. But you will be SOOOOO disappointed if you do get a hurricane during your trip. And your guests will probably not appreciate it either.

Just my 2 cents after going through the experience of a hurricane wedding.....

I have been researching Riviera Maya AI Resorts for over 2 months!!

I want to go during off season to avoid the crowds for my guest.

Does anyone have an idea on what month would be best weather during the off season?

I'm having the hardest time choosing a resort as well so if you have any suggestions that would be wonderful!

Kid friendly

no reservations for restaurants

beach wedding options

This is the greatest site EVER!!!

p.s.

Also need a TI

From September to mid November ....Moon Palace is kid friendly nad has ebach weddings options...not sure on the reservations policy ,buy I am sure they wil be friendly too

Low season is probably when people don't have time to go on vacation or want to save their vacation until they can combine it with a holiday.

For instance, it is high season during the last 2 weeks of December since that's when people want to use their vacation in combination of holidays. Prices are usually lower in the first 2 weeks of December and January because it is before and after the holiday season.

The only bad con to going in December or January is that sun sets earlier than in the summer so there may be less time for photos.

I've been there in November, July, and February. February had the best weather by far. In November I was literally laying on my beach chair using my towel as a blanket - it was extra breezy but maybe that was a fluke.

My sister got married in Mexico in July last year and it rained a few days, but it was pretty nice all in all. It was not as hot as I expected because of the breeze off the water.

We stayed at the RIU Palace Riviera Maya and Dream Riviera Cancun. We would go back to either - but we would give Dreams a slight edge. The food was better and no reservations for the restaurants.

Happy planning!