Jump to content

Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)


  • Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#241 booschmit

booschmit
  • Newbie
  • 43 posts

    Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

    i had my makeup done at the Renova spa at the ROR and she did a GREAT job..very natural looking and it stayed on very well. I think it was $60 and took about 1 hour. Highly recommend!

    as far as phones. we didnt really use but our carrier VERIZON has service there but it is $2.00/minutre. 50 cents to send a text and 5 cents to get a text. We turned off the data on the phone so we didnt get charged for data updates. For anyone wanting to know, there is free wifi in the lobby!

    As for finding other guests, we just sort of found people at breakfast or by the same area of the pool everyday. It wasnt too much of a problem..I did get a few peoples room numbers and wrote them down. 

    any other questions I'd be happy to help anyone. THis website helped me ALOT!!!!!



    #242 Val2012

    Val2012
    • Newbie
    • 14 posts

      Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:20 AM


      Keep me posted if you decide on ROR!!!  What date are you thinkgin? We have ours set for the 16th at 11am.

       

      Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

      hey!!

       

      i might be getting married that same week! still deciding between this resort and the grand palladium
       



       



       



      #243 ericka417

      ericka417
      • Site Supporter
      • 97 posts

        Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

        Hey ladies.  For those who have gotten married at ROR.  Which photographers did you use?  Where they great?  Would you recommend someone else?



        #244 bride6262

        bride6262
        • Member
        • 582 posts

          Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

          well right now i am looking at the 16th as well!!! i am just waiting to hear about quotes but we would be arriving on the 14th or 15th so once i find out the exact date i will know better!

           

          are you doing the free wedding? or one of the packages?
           

          Originally Posted by Val2012 


          Keep me posted if you decide on ROR!!!  What date are you thinkgin? We have ours set for the 16th at 11am.

           



           



           



          #245 bride6262

          bride6262
          • Member
          • 582 posts

            Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

            LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

             

             

            Does anyone have the WC email address for ROR???!!!! i am really thinking of having my wedding here!! i got a quote for 1566$ for the week with a departure date of April 14th, 2012.....does that sound like a good price?? i need to find out that if i have like 35-40 ppl if it will cost extra per person...anyone know??



            #246 bride6262

            bride6262
            • Member
            • 582 posts

              Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

              our wedding date would have to be april 18th since we have to wait 2 working days?!?! other places in jamaica just make you wait 48hrs?? anyeon else find this?
               

              Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

              LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

               

               

              Does anyone have the WC email address for ROR???!!!! i am really thinking of having my wedding here!! i got a quote for 1566$ for the week with a departure date of April 14th, 2012.....does that sound like a good price?? i need to find out that if i have like 35-40 ppl if it will cost extra per person...anyone know??



               



              #247 bmadzia1

              bmadzia1
              • Jr. Member
              • 355 posts

                Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:56 AM


                You need full 2 business days (the day of arrival does not count and Sundays do not count). This is standard for the entire island.  So, if you arrive on the 16th, the earliest you can get married is the 19th (17th and 18th is considered your waiting period).  We arrive on a Saturday, so we can only start counting Mon and Tue as our validation period. 

                 

                The price - what country are you originating from? If Canada, that is a decent price (April is still high season).  If you are under (I think 50 or 55) you can have the semi-private, but it seems the charge extra (right now 10.50/person) above the number of people in your package. 

                 

                If you are getting married in April, she won't really give you a price. Prices change month to month - bride to bride.

                 

                Go back to the begining of this thread and read through the posts.  We have posted A LOT of current prices which will give you an idea for the budget. 

                 

                Quote:

                Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

                our wedding date would have to be april 18th since we have to wait 2 working days?!?! other places in jamaica just make you wait 48hrs?? anyeon else find this?
                 



                 



                 



                #248 bride6262

                bride6262
                • Member
                • 582 posts

                  Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

                  WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!! I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO GO WITH ROR!!!!

                   

                  departure date: April 14th, 2012

                  Wedding Date: April 19th, 2012 @ 3pm

                   

                  I am super excited!!! it has taken so much stress off my shoulders to finally have picked a place and time! Now i can start the fun stuff!!



                  #249 CdnBeatPrincess

                  CdnBeatPrincess
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 296 posts

                    Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:01 AM

                    Congrats Krysta!!!

                     

                    Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

                    WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!! I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO GO WITH ROR!!!!

                     

                    departure date: April 14th, 2012

                    Wedding Date: April 19th, 2012 @ 3pm

                     

                    I am super excited!!! it has taken so much stress off my shoulders to finally have picked a place and time! Now i can start the fun stuff!!



                     



                    #250 JUSTUSTWO

                    JUSTUSTWO

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

                      Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

                      Quote:

                      Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

                      WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!! I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO GO WITH ROR!!!!

                       

                      departure date: April 14th, 2012

                      Wedding Date: April 19th, 2012 @ 3pm

                       

                      I am super excited!!! it has taken so much stress off my shoulders to finally have picked a place and time! Now i can start the fun stuff!!


                      Congratulations! April was the perfect time for us. The weather was wonderful everyday!
                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users