403 replies to this topic

#331 elissae

elissae
  • 631 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 2, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationClifton Park, NY

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

AWWWW, LOVE LANDSLIDE...I love the version where she says in the beginning, "This one's for you, Daddy."

Originally Posted by acireta 

I love "God Only Knows" for the processional and 'Landslide" for the father-daughter dance, Denielle! What sweet ideas!

I need to start watching some youtube videos of steel pan drummers for some more ideas! So far, I like "Can't Help Falling in Love" for the processional and "I'm Yours" for the recessional

Can’t Help Falling in Love: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4GiLSwN6scI

I’m Yours: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0lWBQgUEfE4

Blissfully married since April 2, 2013.

#332 acireta

acireta
  • Site Supporter
  • 750 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

FI is out of town all week visiting his brother in California, so I am looking forward to getting a million things done this week! I'm tackling house cleaning and wedding to-do lists, if it kills me!

Annie - When I took a cruise a few years ago, we found a roundtrip airport transfer to and from the cruise terminal for like $30pp. As long as their flight gets in before noon on embarkation day, they shouldn't have to deal with "unexpected costs" too much! Sorry they're stressing you out. Your FI, mom and FMIL sound like good supportive people to be telling you that stuff - stuff we brides need to hear sometimes as we over-worry about everyone else's travel plans!!

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie 

Whee! 80 days to my wedding April 28th

Honestly the biggest 'stress' thing right now is the amount of my guests who have NEVER travelled before and seem to think that our flight is going to land in Florida, and they can simply walk to the cruise ship as they get off the airplane. They are freaking over "unexpected costs" (the hotel the night before, the shuttle/bus rides to and from the boat) but we're like.. seriously? In the grand scheme of things, another hundred bucks or so (so long as people bunk up in rooms or chip in on a rental car) is not much compared to what has already been paid.

The wedding stuff is getting 'lost' in my travel woes.. but I have been told by my fiancee, my mom and my future MIL to leave the travel woes to our travel agent and worry about what's important.

I can't believe I only have 80 days left and all my stuff I wanted to do (like order a custom cake topper) I haven't done! I finished paying Angel's Accents but the design part hasn't started re: my flowers.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#333 deniden

deniden
    • Site Supporter
    • 355 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
    • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by cdc150 

How about God Only Knows by the Beach Boys. We're using it and it's peppy :)

That's what I'm walking down the aisle to. I think it's perfect for having my Dad walk me to my future Husband. <3

Originally Posted by elissae 

AWWWW, LOVE LANDSLIDE...I love the version where she says in the beginning, "This one's for you, Daddy."

That's the version I want the DJ to use for our dance. :)

#334 deniden

deniden
    • Site Supporter
    • 355 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
    • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by acireta 

I love "God Only Knows" for the processional and 'Landslide" for the father-daughter dance, Denielle! What sweet ideas!

I need to start watching some youtube videos of steel pan drummers for some more ideas! So far, I like "Can't Help Falling in Love" for the processional and "I'm Yours" for the recessional

Can’t Help Falling in Love: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4GiLSwN6scI

I’m Yours: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0lWBQgUEfE4

Thank you! :) I love both of those songs for your wedding!!!

#335 cdc150

cdc150
    • 332 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm walking down to a string version of "Yellow" by Coldplay because I just LOVE that song!

My dad and I are dancing to "You are the Sunshine of My Life"

Originally Posted by deniden 

That's what I'm walking down the aisle to. I think it's perfect for having my Dad walk me to my future Husband. <3

That's the version I want the DJ to use for our dance. :)

#336 acireta

acireta
      • Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Just finished my pretrip packets! I'll be dropping them off and mailing them out in the next couple weeks! It's amazing what I can get done when FI isn't around LOL I could not be happier with these things!

Here's the thread: DSC00104.JPG

DSC00107.JPG

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#337 Maritza919

Maritza919
        • 421 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

Great packet Erica! I am behind this week on wedding stuff. My shower was last Friday a total surprise and had a week of opening gifts and writing out 70 thank you notes. Needless to say I am behind in the wedding duties. This weekend is quiet so I have a bunch of catching up to do. Need to look over our detail sheet that's due at the end of the month, get th bm's jewelry, pick out songs and type our lists. Start setting things aside don't want to leave packing till last minute. 

So much to do 56 days till the wedding!! 

#338 capecodder

capecodder
          • 234 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions on songs ladies!!  I do love Michael Buble...now just to convince FI that's good choice! Lol!  If not, I really like Sugarland's Stuck Like Glue.  It came while I was driving to work yesterday and the lyrica seemed to fit us.

Love your pretrip packets Erica!!  Especially the luggage tags!  Did you make those yourselves?

#339 acireta

acireta
            • Site Supporter
            • 750 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thanks, girls! I'm really happy with them. I did make the luggage tags using Zazzle business cards (crap quality) and adding my own address label on the back.

Holy crap Maritza! 70 notes?! I was ready to cut my hand off with 40! But I'm sure you're glad to be done with writing them!! :-)

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#340 jana297

jana297
              • 646 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hi Ladies

I don't know about you but I am getting really excited about my wedding! We leave in 6 weeks from yesterday. Holly Canoli!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
                April 6, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users