Oh, okay. Each resort will charge different pricing but I will give you a rough estimate for what you have listed below....
Beach or gazebo ceremony will likely be free of charge if you have 50 people attending if you have less than 30 people, the package for a wedding (which doesn't include much) would cost around $1200
If you want your reception to be private(I'm assuming you mean where you eat?? - I ate and had the dance at different places) the cost could be roughly $70ish per person
To rent a sound system would depend on the location you pick to have the reception but would cost maybe $500/hr which would include renting out the location of where your dance would be which would make it private and exclusive to your guests only
As for the open bar, it can cost anywhere from $15-$35 per person per hour(yes, RIDICULOUS prices), one option for me was to bring my own booze and pay a $10 per bottle corking fee and this included the price for the bartenders.
For most resorts(I've never heard of them allowing for an extention for a reception unless its in a private room because of noise bylaws) you wouldn't have to pay for it if you're renting out a room(I would think quite expensive...not sure)
As for a photographer, depending on who you choose(if you find others getting married near your resort around the same time, some people will share photographers so paying for their travel isn't as expensive) it could cost between $1500-$3000.
Hope that helps!
Originally Posted by astef
Well, in terms of the wedding dress, jewellery, hair, make up, I know what those costs will be. But I am wondering what resorts charge for the actual wedding.
What I do know is the following...
- I want a beach or gazebo ceremony
- I want the reception to be private, not in a restaurant with other vacationers
- I want to rent a sound system but will bring my own music
- I want an open bar (from what I understand, this is ridiculously expensive considering we are at an AI resort... but oh well...)
- I want (if possible) to extend the timing of the reception... I know that some resorts give you the reception for 4 hours or something like that, I don't want to be limited like that if at all possible
- I will probably find my own photographer instead of using the resort, as many pictures I have seen taken by resort photographers are a bit cheesy, although I haven't looked that hard yet so I may be wrong...
Again, I know this is asking a lot, but I am just wondering what ballpark I am in for this.... $10,000... $20,000... $30,000??? I have NO clue right now Thanks again!!