Chocolate Brides: Locs, braids, etc.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hello Beautiful Brides!

I've seen a few posts here and there so I thought I'd start a new thread for the natural haired women in my midst, especially those with locs or braids.  Any ideas or suggestions?

I've been growing my locs for about 4 years and maintain them myself.  For the special day, I want a great updo but have not decided on a style yet.  What have you ladies done/do you have planned?

Together we can conquer the world.
    M+D -- May 25, 2012 - Iberostar Rose Hall Grand

87 booked and counting!

#2 JaziandSwag

JaziandSwag
    • 152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

Awww, wish people would have responded.  I too am natural, and looking for styles for my 12/1/12 wedding!  Do you have pics of how you wore your hair? 

#3 Shay4966

Shay4966
      • Site Supporter
      • 262 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Is this post still open?

#4 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
        • 217 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm natural as well and I've been wondering what would be the prettiest style for me. I just cut my hair really short a month before my FI proposed. Now I'm wondering if I should have done that. I have until October so I think I will be wearing my hair in tiny twists as a low maintenance protective style so it can grow. As long as I keep it healthy and moisturized I should gain 4 inches by then.

#5 anichols8

anichols8
          • 232 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm natural and have no idea what to do with my hair, especially since I will be there 5 days before my wedding.  I have no idea what to do because I have a huge fro.

#6 Shay4966

Shay4966
            • Site Supporter
            • 262 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

I'm in the same boat, should I come up with something I will let you know. 

Originally Posted by anichols8 

I'm natural and have no idea what to do with my hair, especially since I will be there 5 days before my wedding.  I have no idea what to do because I have a huge fro.

#7 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
              • 217 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

I know they do hair in the DR but I'm not sure how well they do natural hair. I try to avoid heat. But I'm fine with heat to style my hair for the wedding. I just don't want excessive heat on my hair. I say just make sure you have plenty of conditioner and oil with you for the trip so you can keep your hair protected while you enjoy the beach.

#8 shanandcal

shanandcal
                • 103 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

I have been natural for over a year now. I am trying to figure out what to do with my hair also. I am thinking about getting a sew-in, something simple that will hold up! Has anyone come up with any ideas?

#9 JA2012

JA2012
                  • 334 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Have any of you tried a product called Kinky Curly?? Google it....it may be an option for you.

My other suggestions would be:

• straw set
                    • cane row braids the night before wedding into a side part style. Undo the day of and leave it crinkly and put a beautiful big funky flower on one side
                    • Twists (then you can do a half up/down style depending on length)
                    • slick it back into a ponytail if its long enough and do a side low bun (you can even buy amazing bun pieces to put in)
                    • high bun. Make sure the sides are well slicked tho

Gosh...I could talk hair all day. Lol!

#10 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
                    • 217 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

I have clips in that i will wear in addition to my curls for the added length on that day. And then they will be coming right out afterwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users