Photo

anyone see the majestic elegance review on tripadvisor..

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 summafool1

summafool1
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

The most recent oen talks about how bad it was...wedding as well -anyone see or nervous about it?

#2 islandbride8

islandbride8
    • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:27 AM

the only bad review i think i've seen on there was about the weather and not having a plan B.  is this the one you're referring to?  I'm going to make sure when i have my meeting with my WC that we make a plan b then in case of inclement weather

#3 jamie0820

jamie0820
      • 183 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

I just saw it---and I'm rather disturbed!   

#4 summafool1

summafool1
        • 223 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

no it wasnt about the weather...it was just posted a few days ago i think the title is brides beware...i understand people complain about everyhting but just makes me nervous lol and was wondering what any1 else thought :)

#5 islandbride8

islandbride8
          • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

oh no, i haven't seen that one... i'm going to check it out

#6 islandbride8

islandbride8
            • 315 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

ok, not looking too good     I do know they receive their flowers on friday for the entire week.  So for a wednesday or thursday wedding, your flowers are basically a week old....  Not much i can do now, guess i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

#7 summafool1

summafool1
              • 223 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

oh wow didnt know they did that, howd you find that out? My wedding is on a saturday, so i guess thats good! lol

#8 islandbride8

islandbride8
                • 315 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:18 AM

Honestly, i can't remember where I heard that...  I was bummed to find out, b/c our wedding is on a Wednesday

Although this review sounds bad, just think about all the positive reviews that rave about having amazing weddings.  There is always going to be someone who has a bad experience, but this is the only truly bad review i can find so I'm going to stay positive :)

#9 Line M

Line M
                  • 171 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

Wow- that is a pretty bad review. Getting married on a Tuesday so my flowers won't look that great either. I thought it was during the meeting that you pick out your flowers.? You see a lot of complaints about food poisoning. I better put a lot of pepto and imodium in my welcome bags.

#10 jlarruda

jlarruda
                    • 201 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

I just read the review.. and it seems as if that person has more issues going on than  with just the resort and is in a ranting mood.  First off, she was a guest for the wedding, the bride wasn't the one that posted it and she mentioned the littlest of things.  I'm staying at the Majestic but getting married off the resort as I read that they do many weddings a day and we wanted something more intimate.  I wouldn't worry about it.. since booking our trip, I've learning that someone that one of our guests knows is getting married at the resort a week before us, another guest's cousin is going there in March, one of my bridesmaids friends went there last year, my parents friends are currently vacationing there (they were at the Colonial last yr) and my TA was just there in November.. none of them complained and they all loved it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users