Sign in to follow this  
Islandgirl910

Question regarding favors in the OOT bag/reception - Please advise!

I plan on loading up the OOT bags with gifts and skipping favors at the reception (maybe do some candy).  In addition to the typical OOT items (first aid kit, sunscreen, snacks and water, welcome brochure, etc), our "gift" will be iPOD travel speakers and baseball hats.  Also we plan on doing higher end bags so that will be part of the gift too. 

I am doing OOT bags that are going to be given out the day our guests arrive (I'm hoping the resort will either hand them out at the front desk or deliver them to their rooms...but we'll see)  And then for favors at the actual weddding, I think we are going to make a donation either to a local Jamaican charity (since we are getting married in Jamaica) or a US charity that means something to us.  I am almost positive that 95% of our guests will lose their favor by the end of the night because we have dinner one place and reception at a different location.  So this way, they will get their mugs and other stuff in their OOT bags which they can take home and remember the wedding and they won't have to worry about carrying anything around the whole night (since it will just be a piece of paper explaining the donation in honor of our wedding guests).  :)

Yeah I don't think we are going to do favors.  We are going to do the OOT bags but our reception is on La Barcaza (a wedding boat) and I doubt that people will remember to grab them.  Personally at most weddings I end up forgetting about the favors by the end of the night anyway.  I think the OOT bags are favor enough!

ohh all good ideas... we might buy something unique from the vendors for the table and if we don't find anything then OOT bags will be good enough =)

We will be doing an OOT bag as well as a favour. We didn't want to have to bring more things down with us so we are making a donation on behalf of our guests to a charity that has special meaning to us. We are going to let our guests know by way of note that we have made a donation their behalf to the TourforKids which is a bike race that raises money for children with cancer. I am going to make bike cookies to attach the note to and that will be our favour.