Looking for that perfect dress. Need suggestions.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 abruno1226

• 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:53 AM

Hi Ladies-

I have tried on some dresses, 3 of which I really liked.  However, I wish I could put details and elements from each into one gown.  I have been searching all of the designer gowns.  I am looking for a lace gown, fit and flair silhouette, with a keyhole back.  Jim Hjelm makes one that is pretty close, but it is A-line.  If anyone knows of a designer that makes this dress, I would appreciate the suggestion.  Also, does anyone know if a seamstress can alter the silhouette to make it more of a fit and flair instead of A-line?  If so, then I may have found my gown!  Thanks for your help!

#2 MVPHairMakeup

• 91 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

Have you considered having the dress made?  I dont know if I would alter a dress too much from its original state, it may not fall right.  Maybe you can start a new thread "Looking for a seamstress in (area you live in)"  Also, stay open minded, try on various styles of dresses, you never know:)  Just have fun, this stage of the wedding doesnt last forever.

#3 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:30 AM

I don't know any dresses that would match your description but I would suggest browsing tons of sites online.  And also, most bridal stores don't carry every single gown so ask them if they have catalogues.  You might have some luck.  Good luck finding your dream dress!

#4 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
      • 381 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

Try Allure 8764 - it's my dress and I LOVE it! The online pictures really don't do it justice. It is all lace, fit and flair, with a keyhole back!

#5 abruno1226

• 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:38 AM

That Allure dress was one of my 3.  I really liked it, the only thing I wanted to alter was to make it more of a tank style on the top and get rid of the cap like sleeves.  It was a beautiful dress though.  Thank you all for your advice and suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users