Photo

Weight Loss/Fitness Support for 2012 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
414 replies to this topic

#181 mexicobride422

mexicobride422
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Welcome Island bride.. You are doing such a great job already!

#182 kya101

kya101
    • 645 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

Only 3 more weeks of Power90 left!!! YAY!!! I should be on day 10 of the 30 day Shred, but I went out of town and had a long day already... I plan on doing double tomorrow to make up for it. I gotta stay focus on the end result and dress shopping... I have a bachlorette party in the city for a girl friend next weekend and Hoe Down party tomorrow night  Little scared of over doing it, so I'm going to workout extra hard and long for the next week!!! Let's keep up the motivation ladies... everyone has been doing great!!!

#183 star18

star18
      • 201 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:41 PM

DAY 5  of the 30 day shred!!! YAH!!!! getting easier :)

#184 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
        • 237 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

Well, back from the long holiday weekend and back on track.  I'm seeing that a lot of people are doing the Shred, P90x and other programs.  Can anyone let me know their review of these?  I am basically using my elliptical for now, but I can already tell it is going to get boring pretty quickly.  I'd love to hear some first hand accounts of what you like and don't like about these programs.

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
          Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#185 kya101

kya101
          • 645 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

Islandbride I have done alot of programs. If you find you get bored easily, I would recommend doing 30 day programs such as Jillian Michaels. Her program changes every 10 days so you don't get tired of doing the same thing. I did Power90 as a warm-up to do p90x and I would say stay away from that one because it's basically the same thing for 90 days, the only difference in level 3-4 is that you do more reps of level 1-2. After 6 weeks I've been pushing myself to finish. Another good one I recommend doing if you don't have a lot of time is  Tony's 10 Minute Trainer, you can do only one 10 minute trainer or up to 3 if you have the time. I found it really helpful right after I had my son and didn't have much time to shower let alone workout. I would check out beachbody.com and jillianmichaels.com and just check out the program reviews to find one that suits you. Hope this was helpful and if you have anymore questions don't hesitate!!!!

Originally Posted by IslandBride201x 

Well, back from the long holiday weekend and back on track.  I'm seeing that a lot of people are doing the Shred, P90x and other programs.  Can anyone let me know their review of these?  I am basically using my elliptical for now, but I can already tell it is going to get boring pretty quickly.  I'd love to hear some first hand accounts of what you like and don't like about these programs.

#186 MelloJess83

MelloJess83
            • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

Yes, it was pretty easy to follow.  Don't get me wrong, about a week into it, you're sick of eating veggies, but you can mix it up, and we enjoyed grilling ours too!  I've been off the 17 day diet for weeks now, still eating healthy, but have had ice cream (my weakness) a few times, and I have still kept the weight off.  Today I start working out and watching what I eat more closely (with the guidelines of the 17 day diet!)  I found the book on Amazon.com for cheap.  Good luck to you, let me know what you decide to do!!!

Originally Posted by babe81501 

I am thinking about starting the 17 day diet. Did you find it easy to follow

#187 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
              • 237 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

Thank you!  This was very helpful.

Originally Posted by kya101 

Islandbride I have done alot of programs. If you find you get bored easily, I would recommend doing 30 day programs such as Jillian Michaels. Her program changes every 10 days so you don't get tired of doing the same thing. I did Power90 as a warm-up to do p90x and I would say stay away from that one because it's basically the same thing for 90 days, the only difference in level 3-4 is that you do more reps of level 1-2. After 6 weeks I've been pushing myself to finish. Another good one I recommend doing if you don't have a lot of time is  Tony's 10 Minute Trainer, you can do only one 10 minute trainer or up to 3 if you have the time. I found it really helpful right after I had my son and didn't have much time to shower let alone workout. I would check out beachbody.com and jillianmichaels.com and just check out the program reviews to find one that suits you. Hope this was helpful and if you have anymore questions don't hesitate!!!!

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#188 kya101

kya101
                • 645 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

Week 11 done.... can't believe I only have 2 more weeks left and then it's dress shopping time!!!! I'm leaving for the city shortly for a bachlorette party for a friend... wish me luck that I don't throw all my hard work away this weekend!!! Have a great weekend ladies and remember your dress when you want that piece of cake or fries!!! ;)

#189 star18

star18
                  • 201 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

How are you enjoying the 17 day diet? Does it provide meal plans and recipes? Would you recommend it? thanks :)

Originally Posted by MelloJess83 

Yes, it was pretty easy to follow.  Don't get me wrong, about a week into it, you're sick of eating veggies, but you can mix it up, and we enjoyed grilling ours too!  I've been off the 17 day diet for weeks now, still eating healthy, but have had ice cream (my weakness) a few times, and I have still kept the weight off.  Today I start working out and watching what I eat more closely (with the guidelines of the 17 day diet!)  I found the book on Amazon.com for cheap.  Good luck to you, let me know what you decide to do!!!

#190 star18

star18
                    • 201 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

LEVEL 1 DONE!!!! Started level 2 yesterday...OMG so sore but I am feeling tighter already in just 11 days. Need to work on eating better now to get max results. Eating right makes a bigger difference than exercise for me. Exercise is more for toning but eating right will get the weight off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users