Jump to content

Photo

The Hard Rock Punta Cana


  • Please log in to reply
897 replies to this topic

#541 SamanthaB2B

SamanthaB2B
  • Newbie
  • 2 posts

    Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

    We have just booked our Wedding at the HRH for Early May 2013 (Date and Time tbc) Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on the best time of the day to be married during May? Thank you :) Soooo exciting! x



    #542 SamanthaB2B

    SamanthaB2B
    • Newbie
    • 2 posts

      Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

      Hello everyone! I am getting married early May 2013 and need to chose a time of day for our wedding. Any ideas on the best time of day?? Thank you :) Sooooo exciting! x



      #543 may2013brides

      may2013brides
      • Newbie
      • 22 posts

        Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

        deeSG,

         

         past and present brides of Palace resorts and they made a posting a couple weeks back stating that they have an agreement with the resort so you don't have to pay for a daypass.  Well, I checked this morning and HDC posted that HRPC changed the rules and you now have to pay $500 for any outside vendor.

         

        Who else are you considering for your photographer?  Does the hotel offer their own photographer and if so has anybody used them before?



        #544 deeSG

        deeSG
        • Newbie
        • 25 posts

          Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

          The Hard Rock offers a photographer that they have onsite. I was there for an on-site inspection in December and met with the person who puts together the photography wedding packages and the company is called Smile Market, which has just become Ocean Photo Studio from what I understand. I saw photo albums of past weddings on the resort and the pictures look very nice, but their packages seemed a bit expensive. If we go with the resort photographer, the most expensive package is about $2,000 not including taxes and includes about 200 pictures and 3 hours of reception coverage. When looking at prices outside, I have only been in contact with Caribbean Emotions, Michael Weiler, and for almost the same price (INCLUDING the day pass for him) we would get about 500 pictures and he would be there all day with us throughout the ceremony and reception. I am just trying to figure out if I should stick with the hotel photographer or look outside. Still undecided! 



          #545 Lh Sunnie

          Lh Sunnie
          • Newbie
          • 30 posts

            Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

            Originally Posted by deeSG 

            I am getting married at the Hard Rock on July 27th and I just emailed my wedding coordinator this morning regarding the outside vendor price. She said any outside vendor is $500. May2013brides, where did you find out that HDC doesn't apply? They are one of our options for photography that may be the deciding factor! 


            As of yesterday, HDC you do have to pay the 500.00 fee if you haven't booked them yet with a contract.



            #546 Lh Sunnie

            Lh Sunnie
            • Newbie
            • 30 posts

              Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

              Originally Posted by deeSG 

              The Hard Rock offers a photographer that they have onsite. I was there for an on-site inspection in December and met with the person who puts together the photography wedding packages and the company is called Smile Market, which has just become Ocean Photo Studio from what I understand. I saw photo albums of past weddings on the resort and the pictures look very nice, but their packages seemed a bit expensive. If we go with the resort photographer, the most expensive package is about $2,000 not including taxes and includes about 200 pictures and 3 hours of reception coverage. When looking at prices outside, I have only been in contact with Caribbean Emotions, Michael Weiler, and for almost the same price (INCLUDING the day pass for him) we would get about 500 pictures and he would be there all day with us throughout the ceremony and reception. I am just trying to figure out if I should stick with the hotel photographer or look outside. Still undecided! 


              Is the price similiar including the 500.00 outside vendor fee?



              #547 Lh Sunnie

              Lh Sunnie
              • Newbie
              • 30 posts

                Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

                Originally Posted by SamanthaB2B 

                Hello everyone! I am getting married early May 2013 and need to chose a time of day for our wedding. Any ideas on the best time of day?? Thank you :) Sooooo exciting! x


                I like later in the day/evening. It is not as hot.



                #548 deeSG

                deeSG
                • Newbie
                • 25 posts

                  Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

                  Lh Sunnie, I haven't had the chance to sit down and fully do the numbers, but looks like with the outside vendor fee, the price is almost the same for both vendors. I will have to see which package offers more for the money, but I also want great pictures, which is more important. Seems like I can find more reviews on Caribbean Emotions than the resort vendor. 



                  #549 Lh Sunnie

                  Lh Sunnie
                  • Newbie
                  • 30 posts

                    Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

                    Originally Posted by deeSG 

                    Lh Sunnie, I haven't had the chance to sit down and fully do the numbers, but looks like with the outside vendor fee, the price is almost the same for both vendors. I will have to see which package offers more for the money, but I also want great pictures, which is more important. Seems like I can find more reviews on Caribbean Emotions than the resort vendor. 

                    Dee,

                     

                    Do you have the price list info. for the others? I personally don't think their smile market is worth it. Their pictures from other brides aren't the greatest. I feel my family could do pictures like that. So I am trying to look else where. HDC is on my possibility list.



                    #550 stephydmd

                    stephydmd
                    • Newbie
                    • 4 posts

                      Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

                      You should reserve your date as soon as possible to ensure you get the day and time desired. After your reservation is confirmed, you will be asked to send a charge authorization for $300 which will be charged only if you cancel within 45 days of your confirmed wedding date. Nothing else is due at that time if you selected the Complimentary Package. If you choose one of the Collections, 50% deposit is needed, and the rest of the balance is due 30 days prior to your wedding. You can upgrade from Complimentary at any time. Hope this helps!

                       

                      Below is a portion of an email received from our Hard Rock Wedding Sales Executive:

                      ..................................

                       

                      The wedding contract says that it's for the Complimentary Package. Are we locked into the Complimentary package if we sign and submit the form, or can we upgrade later if we decide to go with one of the packages (i.e. Amethyst)?

                                  You may upgrade your collection at a later date should you choose to.



                      Also, I cannot find the dollar amount that I'm required to submit for the Charge Authorization. How much is the deposit, or how much are we supposed to authorize on the charge card?

                                  There are no fees nor deposits due at this time. The credit card authorization form does have to be completed however as there is a $300 penalty that gets charged if you cancel within 45 days prior to your wedding date. Once you do upgrade the collection a 50% deposit is required and the balance is due 30 by 30 days prior to the wedding.

                      ..................................................






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users