The Hard Rock Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
897 replies to this topic

#171 sobol1978

sobol1978
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:57 PM

r and k 2012

Renee is my WC as well - she sounds like she is new - doesn't know some things. She didn't even know things about translators, since i'm having civil (legal) ceremony - it has to be in spanish. She even mentioned she was going for a site inspection today, so i'm assuming she has never been there. About the wooden aisle - she told me it was there and it's not going anywhere. She sent me few things: pictures of 5 different wedding locations, virtual tour of the resort, new wedding guide etc.

good luck,

eva (sobol1978)

#172 Vane23

Vane23
    • 68 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hi Eva! My WC is Rene as well, she hasn't responded to any of my emails, would you mind forwarding the pictures of the 5 wedding locations? Just haven't seen any as of yet and I'm getting a bit nervous. Thanks so much! My email is vsotomayor23@gmail.com :)

#173 sunlover

sunlover
      • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

My WC is Renee as well. I have my teleconference on Tuesday so hopefully she can answer my questions. I have a very long list.... LOL.

Eva: my ceremony will be civil as well, and I also have a lot of questions about a translator etc. If I find out anything I will let you know!

#174 sobol1978

sobol1978
        • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

good luck

maybe by now (and after her site inspection) she will now more - let me know about translator.

I also asked her about vows - on videos i have seen (civil ceremony) all you say i "I do". so i asked her if that can be changes to something like "repeat after me - I ..... take you .... etc. she didn't know

#175 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
          • 204 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

I cannot wait to hear your opinion after the site inspection! I will not be able to do a site inspection so I am very interested in what you think when you get back! :-)

Originally Posted by Tatiana 

Tammyw congrats! I'll do a site inspection visit fron feb 25 to feb 28! So thats great! I wish we could meet! You must be sooo exited about your big day!!

#176 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
            • 204 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

I would also love to see the wedding locations. Could you email them if you have time?

natlibaby@yahoo.com

Originally Posted by sobol1978 

r and k 2012

Renee is my WC as well - she sounds like she is new - doesn't know some things. She didn't even know things about translators, since i'm having civil (legal) ceremony - it has to be in spanish. She even mentioned she was going for a site inspection today, so i'm assuming she has never been there. About the wooden aisle - she told me it was there and it's not going anywhere. She sent me few things: pictures of 5 different wedding locations, virtual tour of the resort, new wedding guide etc.

good luck,

eva (sobol1978)

#177 Teenyclt

Teenyclt
              • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

r and k 2012

I am just wondering how you were able to speak to a wedding coordinator already? I have been told everytime I ask that I wont be able to speak to one until 3-6 months out and its freaking me out! How do I go about getting in touch with one? thanks!

#178 ntlsnow

ntlsnow
                • 204 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:55 AM

The only person that I have been in contact with so far is Marlyn who is from the Palace resorts office in Miami. I believe there is a Renee there too. They will send you wedding guides and wedding information on the Hard Rock PC. As for the wedding coordinator at the actual resort, I was told once I book they will contact me 3 months prior to the wedding date. Hope this helps...

Originally Posted by Teenyclt 

r and k 2012

I am just wondering how you were able to speak to a wedding coordinator already? I have been told everytime I ask that I wont be able to speak to one until 3-6 months out and its freaking me out! How do I go about getting in touch with one? thanks!

#179 sobol1978

sobol1978
                  • 23 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:11 AM

@sunlover

how was your conference call?

#180 sunlover

sunlover
                    • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

SOBOL1978,

I had my conference yesterday with Renee (sorry, I meant to update!). It went OK. It was a little overwhelming as I thought it was an information session & instead she pretty much booked everything. She wanted to know what flowers, info on hair appts, reception plans, etc. I was hoping to just ask questions & decide after clarifying all my questions. But instead I was sent a "quote" on all the things that I may (or may not want). I am now able to communicate with her via email with any questions & have made a list already, lol.

She did say that she was at the resort over the weekend & I think she has a better understanding of the options now.

I asked about the translator issue r/t a civil ceremony & she said that the wedding corridinator would do the translating. She said that all we would say is "I DO". But, she added that if we had a poem or something that we wanted to say, we could.

She said that there are a lot of "policy changes". I did a site inspection in April & had a LARGE list of questions that I had answered (from the wedding coordinator). I had previously reviewed the wedding options prior to my site visit & had it all planned/budgeted. Well, a lot of that info has changed- new rules, extra costs, etc (as of Jan 1/12). A little frustrating.

Also, I understood (after yesterday) that I won't be in contact with the resort staff until I arrive. Everything is previously arranged through Miami now (new policy, lol).

In saying that, I am sure everything will work out!! Happy Planning Ladies...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users