Honeymoon Registry

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 jszy10

• 1,192 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Yeah!!  Their website says "You can collect your wedding gifts any time, as many times as you'd like just by emailing us or going to the "Request Payment" link under "Manage Your Gift Money" when you log in. You can collect your gifts by:

• Having a check mailed directly to you (regular US post, no additional fees)
    • Via an ACH bank to bank transfer in the US (no additional fees) - the choice is yours!

So they send you the money, and you do what you wish!  I love it!  :o)

I am from out by the airport -- in the Folcroft/Ridley area.  I actually met a bride on here that just got married at my resort and lives 2 blocks down the road!  It's crazy!

#12 wilsonj2

• 191 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

We are having at least 4 showers, so a traditional registry is a must.  We chose Bed Bath and Beyond and Pottery Barn.  Even though we live together and are older, we still need a lot of things.  However, we still would like some cash for our wedding trip, so I'm thinking about posting a registry....not sure which one yet.  I will check out Honeyfund, but does anyone have another favorite?

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#13 wilsonj2

• 191 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

Just created one on Traveler's Joy!  Love the layout and simplicity...options were perfect for our trip!

July 2011 ~ Sandals Grande St. Lucian

#14 hannaj

• 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

You can also do what my fiance have done - we've combined a honeymoon registry with a wish registry, we've listed a bunch of 'wishes' like flights, nights at a hotel, dinner with a private chef - our guests contribute to the wishes, and then we'll be getting cash after the wedding.   

Personally I just liked the idea of breaking the list up  into different items, rather than just a big honeymoon fund.  Our list is with www.uponourstar.com - there are others out there, but so far it's been a fun experience!   

#15 kathryn99

• 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:42 AM

We used Traveler's Joy too and it was such a great process. Their instant registry system also made it easy to build a foundation for our honeymoon registry.

#16 kathryn99

• 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:54 AM

We chose Traveler's Joy too. Super easy and they have instant registries for a lot of popular honeymoon locations.

#17 johnnmakenzie11

• 157 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

We did both.

For a normal registry we did bed bath & beyond because people could easily buy for us in store or online.

I booked our wedding and honeymoon through destinationweddings.com so we also did a honeymoon registry through them. It was really simple and since people are already on that website it will be really easy for them. we were not completely thrilled with the limited amount of things to register for and they take 10% but the simplicity kind of makes up for that.

#18 Islandgirl910

• 594 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

I'm happy I found this tread bc I was going to post and ask the same thing. We're going to do both as well. We're getting married in Jamaica (Montego Bay) and plan on spending our honeymoon in Negril. So it'd be helpful and appreciative if guests can contribute to the honeymoon resort etc.

#19 J-me

• 398 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

We're doing both - registering at Bed, Bath & Beyond, either Macy's or Dillard's, and a honeymoon registry....still researching which one to go with! Thanks for the info ladies - I'll check into Honeyfund & Traveler's Joy!

#20 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

I had never even heard about a honeymoon registry before but I think it is a fabulous idea!!  I think we may have to do one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users