Jump to content

Photo

January 2012 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#301 kya101

kya101
  • Member
  • 645 posts

    Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

    Have to have a little "vent" session, sorry ladies, my FI and family just don't understand as much I think you all will. To start with the wedding coordinator is leaving Las Caletas, I understand this does and has happened, but I was really looking forward to working with her after all of the amazing reviews I had gotten. I have come to deal with that and know that our wedding will still be amazing. Now Guests are not RSVPing!!! We had a reply date of Sept. 1, but I did email everyone letting them know I really did need to have some idea of a count by Sept. 15. I got 2 more replies then  I have only recieved 21 out of 75!!!! Normally I wouldn't care just figure ok if they don't reply it's a no. Well.... half of my FI family are unsure and think they will last minute book, that's fine with me, but at least tell ME or FI that. I am just getting worried that with our luck we're going to have a BUNCH of last minute booking that is really going to put a loop in the planning/ordering. I have been making arrangements and orders with the numbers I have now plus a few extra because I do expect that, but now I don't know how many extra. I really wanted a low stress wedding. I really have to say my FI family is driving me the craziest... his own sisters haven't replied yet!!!!! What the hell.... you're coming or your not!!!!! We have even offered to pay for them if it was a money issue!!!!! Oh well just had to get this off my back... it's been eating at me. Thanks for the place to vent ladies!!! The closer it gets the better... the sooner it will be here and I can actually enjoy



    #302 JayKay

    JayKay
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

    Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

    I know how you feel!  We send out 51 invitations and actually only had 5 people (minus our immediate family) RSVP.  Most said it was to early to be able to tell us if they were coming or not, and some said they may try to get a last minute deal.  I was really frustrated that no one RSVPd becaues its really not a hard thing to do!  We finally just decided to take how many people have booked already and add a few more to get our rough number.  Anything extra that we have left over Im hoping to be able to sell after the wedding.  And if there is extra people then what we planned on well then to bad for them.  Don't stress your self out about it, although its hard not too! 

     

    Originally Posted by kya101 

    Have to have a little "vent" session, sorry ladies, my FI and family just don't understand as much I think you all will. To start with the wedding coordinator is leaving Las Caletas, I understand this does and has happened, but I was really looking forward to working with her after all of the amazing reviews I had gotten. I have come to deal with that and know that our wedding will still be amazing. Now Guests are not RSVPing!!! We had a reply date of Sept. 1, but I did email everyone letting them know I really did need to have some idea of a count by Sept. 15. I got 2 more replies then  I have only recieved 21 out of 75!!!! Normally I wouldn't care just figure ok if they don't reply it's a no. Well.... half of my FI family are unsure and think they will last minute book, that's fine with me, but at least tell ME or FI that. I am just getting worried that with our luck we're going to have a BUNCH of last minute booking that is really going to put a loop in the planning/ordering. I have been making arrangements and orders with the numbers I have now plus a few extra because I do expect that, but now I don't know how many extra. I really wanted a low stress wedding. I really have to say my FI family is driving me the craziest... his own sisters haven't replied yet!!!!! What the hell.... you're coming or your not!!!!! We have even offered to pay for them if it was a money issue!!!!! Oh well just had to get this off my back... it's been eating at me. Thanks for the place to vent ladies!!! The closer it gets the better... the sooner it will be here and I can actually enjoy



     



    #303 adevnturelovers

    adevnturelovers
    • Newbie
    • 120 posts

      Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

      well My RSVP date is sept. 26th and so far we have gotten about 8 replies out of 59 invitations, my FI seems more stressed out than I do lol . Whether I get a reply or not at this point I pretty much know who will be attending, I plan to give the people who have not responded a call by Oct 5th and if they are still iffy, I'm sorry but I am bringing down my room block ...I need to know how many rooms I will need by October 13th. I will let those who want to do "last min. booking" know they are on their own as I am not going to hold a room for them and they might not even end up using it if they find a "better deal" .

       

      which btw my own maid of honor is not staying in the same resort as us, I have told her already she will only see us the wedding day at las caletas, and sincerely I just cant stress about it. I am looking forward to enjoying my vacay with those who have and will stay on same resort grounds as us. besides I dont know everyone's financial situations, So I appreciate that they will even make it out.

       

      Now on other topics, I still can't figure out what to give as a wedding gift to all guests??? suggestions



      #304 Nikadawn

      Nikadawn
      • Jr. Member
      • 191 posts

        Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:16 AM

        We had to make that phone call too... to 60 people! It certainly narrowed the list down quickly when we put them on the spot though, lol. As for the gifts/favours, one thing that occured to me just the other day was that noone wants to have to cart something home with them in their luggage so I highly recommend edibles, just don't go with chocolate if you can't guarantee it will stay cool til the wedding day! I think we decided on a mix of all the tropical drink flavoured jelly belly's (margarita/strawberry daiquiri, etc)
         

        Originally Posted by adevnturelovers 

        well My RSVP date is sept. 26th and so far we have gotten about 8 replies out of 59 invitations, my FI seems more stressed out than I do lol . Whether I get a reply or not at this point I pretty much know who will be attending, I plan to give the people who have not responded a call by Oct 5th and if they are still iffy, I'm sorry but I am bringing down my room block ...I need to know how many rooms I will need by October 13th. I will let those who want to do "last min. booking" know they are on their own as I am not going to hold a room for them and they might not even end up using it if they find a "better deal" .

         

        which btw my own maid of honor is not staying in the same resort as us, I have told her already she will only see us the wedding day at las caletas, and sincerely I just cant stress about it. I am looking forward to enjoying my vacay with those who have and will stay on same resort grounds as us. besides I dont know everyone's financial situations, So I appreciate that they will even make it out.

         

        Now on other topics, I still can't figure out what to give as a wedding gift to all guests??? suggestions



         


        Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


        #305 kya101

        kya101
        • Member
        • 645 posts

          Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

          We are going to be giving shot glasses with mini tequila. We are getting the tequila from the tequila factory there in PV, I haven't got a price back yet, but hey are going to deliver it to our resort when we arrive. I thought that was pretty good, oh and they are personalizing the bottles for us too. If you would like the web address and email let me know! Depending on your luggage
          situation you could just do the tequila too

          well My RSVP date is sept. 26th and so far we have gotten about 8 replies out of 59 invitations, my FI seems more stressed out than I do lol . Whether I get a reply or not at this point I pretty much know who will be attending, I plan to give the people who have not responded a call by Oct 5th and if they are still iffy, I'm sorry but I am bringing down my room block ...I need to know how many rooms I will need by October 13th. I will let those who want to do "last min. booking" know they are on their own as I am not going to hold a room for them and they might not even end up using it if they find a "better deal" .

           

          which btw my own maid of honor is not staying in the same resort as us, I have told her already she will only see us the wedding day at las caletas, and sincerely I just cant stress about it. I am looking forward to enjoying my vacay with those who have and will stay on same resort grounds as us. besides I dont know everyone's financial situations, So I appreciate that they will even make it out.

           

          Now on other topics, I still can't figure out what to give as a wedding gift to all guests??? suggestions



           



          #306 adevnturelovers

          adevnturelovers
          • Newbie
          • 120 posts

            Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

            cool kya yes i'd love the webaddress.



            #307 kya101

            kya101
            • Member
            • 645 posts

              Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

              http://www.tequilamamalucia.com  is the web address and I did use the "contact us" section for emailing, but the email address is  

              lucy-sies@hotmail.com. They weren't super fast replying at first, but have been really good. I do believe their english is a little off, but not too bad, can still understand what they are getting at. Good luck!!!
               



              #308 mllek1986

              mllek1986
              • Site Supporter
              • 182 posts

                Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

                Do they have little bottles and big bottles? do you know the cost off hand?
                 

                Originally Posted by kya101 

                http://www.tequilamamalucia.com  is the web address and I did use the "contact us" section for emailing, but the email address is  

                lucy-sies@hotmail.com. They weren't super fast replying at first, but have been really good. I do believe their english is a little off, but not too bad, can still understand what they are getting at. Good luck!!!
                 



                 



                #309 Manda123

                Manda123
                • Jr. Member
                • 380 posts

                  Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

                  Ladies I feel your RSVP pain! Our deadline is this Friday and we've received about half of them back. Deadline for group booking is October 1st. We will be calling and emailing people as of this weekend. People forget that we still need to PLAN even though it is a DW. Having an additional 20 people book last minute will mean a lot of extra work for us. Frustrating!

                   

                  As for gifts, we are doing OOT bags for all of our guests. At the wedding, we will be using maracas as placecards and favours.



                  #310 kya101

                  kya101
                  • Member
                  • 645 posts

                    Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:43 PM


                    I am waiting to hear back from them about cost and I will let you know as soon as I do. And they do have both, I am not sure of the larger bottle sizes, but the mini ones are about 50ml or 2 oz.
                     

                    Originally Posted by mllek1986 

                    Do they have little bottles and big bottles? do you know the cost off hand?
                     



                     



                     






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users