Sign in to follow this  
Avens

January 2012 Brides!

Welcome!

Originally Posted by Lizk23 View Post

I'm getting married January 18, 2012 at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica!!!! can't wait, good luck planning everyone.

10 Months!!!!  I need to get on it....I feel like it took me soooo long to find the perfect resort and date, that now I don't know what to do next!?!  Have you guys already sent out STD cards?  I really wanted to have engagement pics done before I sent them; so I could make my website!  Whew...so much still to do!!  Good luck planning!  This forum has really saved my life.  Everyone on here is so helpful!!! :)

Its coming so quick!!  We sent out STD about a month ago. Sounds like most people we invited arent coming (which is what we wanted haha, but felt obligated to invite them).  We are just keeping things really simple.  It does feel like there is so much to do, but there is still time.  Next up dress shopping!!!!

My Save the Dates went out this week!!  Everyone seems to love them so far!!  Now, I am just anxiously awaiting prices to be available, and then hopefully drop.  I have been hearing that I might need to wait until 6 months out to get a reasonable package price for my guests.  I'm also hoping this gas fiasco doesn't effect our trip too much.  How is everyone else's planning going? :)

We sent our STDs out in  the beginning of January so as to give the guests enough time to save.  Worked a TON on the wedding website, and we are inthe process of updating since we chose a TA (thank God!) and just sent in the group contract to reserve a block of rooms at our resort.  To the ladies sending out the STDs, when are you sending out your invites?  I don't think I put enough info on the STDs and kinda assumed/hoped that people would just keep an eye on the site and I could update people that way - which is NOT the case.  I think we are going to send out a brochure-type announcement with the resort and TA info since Vistaprint is always running specials for free ones. 

I think we will send out our actually invites in July or August.  The TA we chose to work with offers us 50 free invitations with a group booking so we will take advantage of those.  They are pretty nice and will include all the information from the TA and about the travel and best of all they are free!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by perry1217 View Post

We sent our STDs out in  the beginning of January so as to give the guests enough time to save.  Worked a TON on the wedding website, and we are inthe process of updating since we chose a TA (thank God!) and just sent in the group contract to reserve a block of rooms at our resort.  To the ladies sending out the STDs, when are you sending out your invites?  I don't think I put enough info on the STDs and kinda assumed/hoped that people would just keep an eye on the site and I could update people that way - which is NOT the case.  I think we are going to send out a brochure-type announcement with the resort and TA info since Vistaprint is always running specials for free ones. 

I sent out my invites's recently (I think they started arriving on Valentine's Day) so I think everyone  should have them now.  I had three friends (that I knew were planning on coming) book their deposits, I haven't heard anything else about the rest though! I'm not expecting a lot of them to come, you never know though!

I had sent out some STD's from Vistaprint with my Christmas Cards.  I was initially planing on sending out the real invites a little bit later- but Air Canada Vacations "adjusted" our group price and said it may go up again in the future, so we hopped to it.

We got an actual "quote" back in October, I wonder if it varies between travel providers why some of you are still waiting.  So we are guaranteed the price they quoted us (those people who have put down their deposit) and once their final prices come out - if it's lower we get that price, and if its higher we get our quoted price.

So far we have about 15 people booked (immediate families and so far all my close friends :D) Honestly if this was all that booked (maybe a few more of FH's good friends) I would be perfectly happy!

The only people I'm wishing would come are my grandparents, my grandma would love to come, but my grandpa is being stubborn.  I'm hoping I can change his mind. 

Hey girls! I am getting hitched 1-21-12 at Beaches in turks and caicos!

Going to pick out my invites next Monday! Super excited, can wait to get them in the mail!

Good Luck everyone!