Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Avens

January 2012 Brides!

Recommended Posts

Hey There!  We're getting married at Secrets Maroma cheesy.gif
 

Originally Posted by adevnturelovers View Post

awesome ! My own date buddy. lol where exactly are you getting married?

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of you girls bought your bags for your OOT bags yet? I am not really ready to buy, dont know guest count, but i have been looking all over the internet and cannot find anything i like at a resonable price. The cheap bags look cheap, and the expensive bags are, well expensive!! I definitly think i want a beach bag...something that goes over the shoulder rather than a tote. Any good websites you girls have found?

 

Part of me thinks maybe i should put more money into the actual bag, than the stuff in it. My group are well seasoned travelers, so i am going to stay away from alot of the typical OOT bag stuff. I would rather spend ten bucks on a cute beach bag they may use again, rather than one they might not..  I also saw online gift bags, like the throw away one that say 'welcome to our wedding weekend' and was pondering even doing these so people can throw them out and i dont have to worry if i am wasting money on something people wont use..Thoughts???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We went with just the totes from cheaptotes.  They are cheap and they look cheap.  We plan on putting just a simple logo on it, such as a palm tree or something, but not our names or anything like that.  We don't have a huge budget for our OOT bags so we really are only putting items which we think they will use, rather then the usual stuff. We had pondered going with more expensive bags but we decided not to due to the cost and also I know for myself I have tons of bags laying around that never get used anyways.  We thought at least these bags could be used later for grocery bags or something.

 

I like the idea of the throw away ones, then people can just toss them if they don't want them!  When deciding on stuff for our bags we also took into consideration the amount of stuff to put in them as we don't want to have to haul tons of stuff with us! 
 

Originally Posted by Lizzdee View Post

Have any of you girls bought your bags for your OOT bags yet? I am not really ready to buy, dont know guest count, but i have been looking all over the internet and cannot find anything i like at a resonable price. The cheap bags look cheap, and the expensive bags are, well expensive!! I definitly think i want a beach bag...something that goes over the shoulder rather than a tote. Any good websites you girls have found?

 

Part of me thinks maybe i should put more money into the actual bag, than the stuff in it. My group are well seasoned travelers, so i am going to stay away from alot of the typical OOT bag stuff. I would rather spend ten bucks on a cute beach bag they may use again, rather than one they might not..  I also saw online gift bags, like the throw away one that say 'welcome to our wedding weekend' and was pondering even doing these so people can throw them out and i dont have to worry if i am wasting money on something people wont use..Thoughts???



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats my thought as well, the whole packing and hauling debacle. We are going for ten days, so in my head i need to bring a bunch of stuff, aside from wedding stuff....But i am going to be smart this time when i travel and limit my packing. Most of my guests leave after five days, so thats when i will start re-wearing the 5 dresses i bring with me!!!! LOL!!! Thank god resort wear is light and easy to pack, incase i break this promise to myself!!! I am also debating sending my dress down with my mom since she comes the day after we get there...but not sure i want to put THE DRESS in her hands!!

 

I saw cute straw OTT bags at Target, but they dont lay flat enough to pack correctly, and I am not wasting any space in my luggage. As far as the OTT bag goes, i am going to to some version of the Oh shit kits, koozies, and lots of snack kinda food like chips and nuts , since i heard Beaches lacks in that area. Not sure of what else, but i am NOT going nuts, i knowpeople appreciate them, and they are cute, but some of the stuff i see included alot of times is stuff that i wouldnt realy want, or that i would want to take home. My real goal, is to rent a sailboat for our guests for a day, so if that happens that will be the real favor. We will see...its still feels so early.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you girls think it is a bad idea to get alterations done on my dress at a different bridal salon than the one i bought it from? I bought my dress close to Philly, but am now moving 60 miles away. My friends grandmother owns a salon closer to me, and i could bring the dress there. I wish i would have bought the dress closer to my new home, but i was so caught uo in dress shopping, and wanting to get it over with, that apparently i wasnt thinking corectly sad.gif,,,,Also, the salon i bought it from only accepts cash for alterations, is this normal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I don't think that would be a bad idea.  The store that I bought my dress from doesn't do alterations so I have to take it to another store or a seamstress to have it done.  I think it would be fine, especially since you know who owns the store.
 

Originally Posted by Lizzdee View Post

Do you girls think it is a bad idea to get alterations done on my dress at a different bridal salon than the one i bought it from? I bought my dress close to Philly, but am now moving 60 miles away. My friends grandmother owns a salon closer to me, and i could bring the dress there. I wish i would have bought the dress closer to my new home, but i was so caught uo in dress shopping, and wanting to get it over with, that apparently i wasnt thinking corectly sad.gif,,,,Also, the salon i bought it from only accepts cash for alterations, is this normal?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know lots of girls who have had alterations done elsewhere and they've been quite happy with the results, so I don't think thats strange. I do think the cash only thing is strange. It must be under the table? I think you should go somewhere else!

 

Originally Posted by Lizzdee View Post

Do you girls think it is a bad idea to get alterations done on my dress at a different bridal salon than the one i bought it from? I bought my dress close to Philly, but am now moving 60 miles away. My friends grandmother owns a salon closer to me, and i could bring the dress there. I wish i would have bought the dress closer to my new home, but i was so caught uo in dress shopping, and wanting to get it over with, that apparently i wasnt thinking corectly sad.gif,,,,Also, the salon i bought it from only accepts cash for alterations, is this normal?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the cash thing is bizzare. I had read reviews of this salon on weddingwire, and heard about the crazy payment plan, but didnt really care. It was the first half of the dress had to be paid in either cash or credit, the second half can only be paid cash, and alterations can only be paid cash. Wierd, right? It didnt really bother me to much, because i dont use credit cards, i only use my debit or pay cash. Im not sure it is under the  table though because it is a higher end salon that is really busy. i mean could they really get away with that much going under the table?

 

Whatever happens i am gonna get my alterations done somewhere else, for sure. So what happens, i pick up my dress in Sept, hopefully, then should i contact the other salon right away to talk about fittings? i guess so, what do you think?
 

Originally Posted by Manda123 View Post

I know lots of girls who have had alterations done elsewhere and they've been quite happy with the results, so I don't think thats strange. I do think the cash only thing is strange. It must be under the table? I think you should go somewhere else!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I would contact them early just to give them a heads up because I know sometimes they can get busy.  And I always tell them I need it about two weeks sooner then I do, just to make sure its done in time, especially since December will probably be a busy month and plus all the holidays.
 

Originally Posted by Lizzdee View Post

I know the cash thing is bizzare. I had read reviews of this salon on weddingwire, and heard about the crazy payment plan, but didnt really care. It was the first half of the dress had to be paid in either cash or credit, the second half can only be paid cash, and alterations can only be paid cash. Wierd, right? It didnt really bother me to much, because i dont use credit cards, i only use my debit or pay cash. Im not sure it is under the  table though because it is a higher end salon that is really busy. i mean could they really get away with that much going under the table?

 

Whatever happens i am gonna get my alterations done somewhere else, for sure. So what happens, i pick up my dress in Sept, hopefully, then should i contact the other salon right away to talk about fittings? i guess so, what do you think?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Searching for discount wool wedding dresses? Browse David's Bridal wedding dresses for sale, including discount plus size & designer wedding dresses online now!
    • Online shopping for Magic Kits & Accessories from a great selection at Toys & Games Store
    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
  • Topics

×