Photo

Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#801 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Darn :( That would have saved me lots of $$ as we have 2 kids of our own! Lol... wishful thinking!

Do all you April brides have your dresses? I am driving to the states in August to go dress shopping I pray I find something then or else I am going to get stressed out!!

Originally Posted by krsmith 

I just checked with my TA and she said that NO, "kids stay free" is only the summer months, June-August. SHOOT! I was really hoping to get in on that too!

#802 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
    • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

I'm so excited about the kids staying free part!  I have so many guests who did not know how they were going to afford them selves and their kids!  

What a nice option to get our guests to come down, now they won't have an excuse!  

Waiting on Palace Resorts to sign our contract.

#803 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Hey ladies,

Let's see:

Cocktail Reception Decor CHECK

Make-up Artist in Cancun Booked: CHECK

Purchased Wedding Hanger from Etsy but it came back with wrong date, follow-up (IN PROGRESS)

Brooch for ladies dresses, found (voting began with the MOH/BM) IN PROGRESS

DIY projects IN PROGRESS

Braces 2 months down, 7 more to go IN PROGRESS ;-)

About to order a sample suit for FI

#804 Essential0929

Essential0929
        • 236 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Ladies I need some advice. Last week the head of the weddings department emailed me stating that I would have to pay a $300 outside vendor fee for two vendors (photographer and DJ) after they made an exception for one. I emailed her back stating that my Miami Coordinator never informed me of this policy, even after she had ample time and opportunities to do so. I also forwarded an email from my Miami Coordinator that states I would only have to purchase a day pass for the photographer; leaving only the DJ subject to the policy. I have emailed Lucy in the Weddings department now three additional times and have yet to hear back from her and am getting the feeling that she is ignoring me. What should I do????

#805 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
          • Site Supporter
          • 201 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

Start calling.....I realize they are busy but it's a little frustrating when you send emails and it's taking a week or longer to hear back. I'm calling Janina this week. She wants the contract back by the 8th however she hasn't answered my email from last week. (We are changing our ceremony from civil to symbolic. It saves about $600 and we don't have to do blood test here. So we have decided to go to the JP the day before we leave and just not tell anyone.) So I asked her if we needed to sign a different contract and no answer. I'll be calling this afternoon.

Originally Posted by Essential0929 

Ladies I need some advice. Last week the head of the weddings department emailed me stating that I would have to pay a $300 outside vendor fee for two vendors (photographer and DJ) after they made an exception for one. I emailed her back stating that my Miami Coordinator never informed me of this policy, even after she had ample time and opportunities to do so. I also forwarded an email from my Miami Coordinator that states I would only have to purchase a day pass for the photographer; leaving only the DJ subject to the policy. I have emailed Lucy in the Weddings department now three additional times and have yet to hear back from her and am getting the feeling that she is ignoring me. What should I do????

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#806 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
            • Site Supporter
            • 201 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:25 AM

On a different note we did secure our venue for the AHR this weekend. Glad that's done. This week is getting the contract taken care of, get the room block to the TA, and finish up the invites to go out next week. FMIL is speaking with the cake lady and already calling about rentals for the AHR. She overloaded me with wedding details this past weekend. I'm trying very hard to be patient with her as my FI's parents are paying for the AHR, she only had sons and wants to plan this event. However some of her ideas I don't care for, or she's reminding me of "how expensive" things are. Though I did put my foot down and tell her absolutely no carnations for any kind of reception flowers! Feeling pressure and slightly guilty about the whole thing. Anyone else out there dealing with something like this? Other than having my FI as a buffer I really don't know what else to do.

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#807 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
              • 88 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

This has to be the most rediciulous thing that I have ever read!  It's also NOT the first time I've heard of this coming from Moon Palace.  How do they think this is good business? 

They can change things whenever they want but they take weeks to months to get back to you!

Essential0929 I really hope that work something out with you since you have a contract on file. 

mrsjdh2b would you mind sharing janina's contact info, since Lisa won't contact me back I'd love to have someone else to try to speak with!

#808 LurkerDan

LurkerDan
                • 61 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

Does anyone have more formal info (like a link) to the 2012 Kids Stay Free promo?

#809 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
                  • 88 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Great Question, I only see the promo for this year (2011).  If someone does have it I would like a copy of that information as well!

Does anyone have more formal info (like a link) to the 2012 Kids Stay Free promo?

#810 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
                    • 88 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

If it helps any. I was able to book my trip for August 2012 and asked about the deposit per person (does this include the kids who are under 13?). I was told NO. deposit is for those who will be 13+ at the time of travel NOT booking. This was told to me by Lusa Lizano Wedding Coordinator in Miami today at 3pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users