• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#4461 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
  • Site Supporter
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Good Afternoon ladies!!!

So we got word that we have reach the 60 night magical number!! I was getting concerned as we have 40 guests coming with several of those booking outside our group booking. I didn't want to pay $400 a table for a reception and they would not budge on the dinner reservation for 35.

Also heard from Zaray our on-site wedding coordinator. Yay!!!  I emailed her and made sure that we were at the Bugambilia Gazebo that Lizzie and I discussed in September. She didn't have record of that conversation so ****LISTEN UP NEW BRIDES******** KEEP ALL OF YOUR EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE!!! THIS IS YOUR AMMUNITION WHEN NEGOTIATING WITH MP!!

I also reserved the Bugambilia Terrace for our private event (originally it was to be a cocktail hour then we met the 60 nights).

Once you get your on-site coordinator they will send you a spreadsheet with several pages. One with pricing for extras, one for pricing for private events, one with a form to fill out for your events, DJ pricing, Dining options (meaning the restaurants and how many people you can actually make a reservation for), and there's a form to fill out with your guests travel dates and times. So you will need to get this information from your guest if they booked elsewhere.

I'm waiting on her to get back into the office to answer a few questions and then I think we will be set. 72 days left!!!

June 9, 2012

Moon Palace Cancun Mexico

75 room nights book with TA

41 guests and still counting!

#4462 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
    • Site Supporter
    • 201 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

Yay!!!!!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Hey Ladies,

I finally heard from our on-site Valeria our meeting is April 18th at 10am.  So that's a big check and the officiate approved our Vows.  Tic-Toc, Tic-Toc...

June 9, 2012

#4463 natalie47

natalie47
      • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Himthere, Could you give me janina email address. I get married in four weeks and my onsite wedding co ordinator is hopeless. I have yet to sign my contract or pay for the wedding. I have only paid the deposit. I am very upset. Thanking you in advance Natalie

#4464 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
        • Site Supporter
        • 201 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Welcome!!! My advice is to read through this thread if you haven't done so already. You'll find a ton on information on here already. As far as negotiations go they don't negotiate well. Keep all of your email correspondence with every coordinator that is assigned to you. I'm on my 5th one since last summer. You will hear on here the coordinators sometimes quote different prices but it seems lately they are getting more consistent. Be patient they take a long time to get back with you sometimes and if you go for a couple of weeks without hearing from your coordinator after you have emailed her, check and see if she's still employed there. It seems they have a very high turnover rate. And lastly remember that most of the brides on here at some point in time have been about to give up on MP but once they got to the resort everything turned out ok.

Happy planning!!!

Originally Posted by Far18 

Hi Ladies! I am planning to get married at the MP on Nov.24,2012. I was hoping if you could share any advice? I am a little afraid that the beach isn't the greatest. I will be having about 80 guests joining me in Cancun. Have they been flexible with negotiations? Please help! :)

June 9, 2012

#4465 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
          • Site Supporter
          • 201 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

jamendoza@palaceresorts.com

Here's her address. I hope that you are able to get in contact with her. If not I would give them a call and ask to speak with someone. A month out and no word I think I would be freaking out too!!!

My on-site coordinator is Zaray and she seems extremely helpful and on top of things thus far. She's out of the office until 3/30 but you might give her a shout too. Here is her email address. zcasillas@palaceresorts.com

Good luck!!!

Originally Posted by natalie47 

Himthere,
            Could you give me janina email address. I get married in four weeks and my onsite wedding co ordinator is hopeless. I have yet to sign my contract or pay for the wedding. I have only paid the deposit. I am very upset.
            Thanking you in advance
            Natalie

Attached Files

• Attached File  D970.jpg   150.38KB   34 downloads

June 9, 2012

#4466 mrsjdh2b

mrsjdh2b
            • Site Supporter
            • 201 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hey Summer-

Here is a pdf that I got from MP a while back for private events. They have black tablecloths as a choice. Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by SummerDawn 

Does anyone know if they have black tablecloths? And if yes, how much to rent them? I of course havent heard back from Joannis and I need an answer on this!!

Attached Files

June 9, 2012

#4467 SummerDawn

SummerDawn
              • 324 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

I am starting to freak out a bit. I don't have an onsite - Joannis said I will deal with her until I get there. She wouldn't confirm any of my events except my reception. I havent got approval for my vows. I don't have a meeting set up with an onsite. I am leaving in 2 weeks... ahhhh!

#4468 natalie47

natalie47
                • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hey there mrsjdh2b, Thanks for your prompt response. I will let you know how I get on. Thank you so much Natalie

#4469 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 261 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b 

Hey Summer-

Here is a pdf that I got from MP a while back for private events. They have black tablecloths as a choice. Hope this helps!

I find it quite ironic and humorous that the Private Events MPCancun file states numerous times that your events and locations MUST be reserved and confirmed 60 days in advance before the event, however, many of us are finding it impossible to even touch base with a wedding coordinator that far in advance. 

Attached Files

#4470 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
                    • 675 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

WOOO HOOO!!!!  So exciting!!!!

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Hey Ladies,

I finally heard from our on-site Valeria our meeting is April 18th at 10am.  So that's a big check and the officiate approved our Vows.  Tic-Toc, Tic-Toc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users