Moon Palace 2012 Brides

• Please log in to reply
6467 replies to this topic

#3891 ladydi1844

ladydi1844
  • Site Supporter
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

i asked them if my 2 little flower girls could come with me and my daughter in the carriage and they said yes.

Originally Posted by Palacebridex2 

Question ladies,  who is going to be riding with you in the carriage?

Attached Files

#3892 Sara Tamargo

Sara Tamargo
    • Vendor
    • 94 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

Very thanxs to all !

My best wishes

#3893 Speckles121

Speckles121
      • 720 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

Looks like you are doing soo much!! Cannot wait to see all these pictures!! Can I ask what did you pay for your t-shirts?? I'm totally with you though..I feel like I've done more research ont OOT bags than I did on trying to find my dress.

Are you planning on posting templates??

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

Seems as thought, I need this Beatriz as my coordinator!  HA!

So, I am feeling excited.  My OOT bags are almost complete.  I ordered t-shirts from Vista print yesterday for a great price.  I am ordering plastic stein mugs today.  I have all the medicines, etc...that I am also putting in them.  I think I am putting more effort into those bags than my actual wedding!  HA!!  Hopefully everyone likes them as much as I do!

I have the templates for the wedding survival kits / maracas and OOT bag tags, just need to paper to print it out!

Things are moving along!  I will post pix soon enough!  I go in for my dress "viewing" on tuesday so maybe I will finally post my hair flower, earrings and bracelet then.

Happy almost Friday!

#3894 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:20 AM

I got a response last night regarding the outrageous set up fees- I was told it is $100 fee for the ceremony and $200 PER TABLE for the reception!!!! That is outrageous!!

I have questioned her to ask if that still pertains to people if they get the unlimited private events and if I can just have a friend/guest of the wedding set up my reception decorations- as all I will have is a table runner and my favors ( I will do away with chair bows if they are going to charge that much!!!) So we will see what Janessa says!

I cannot believe they would charge that much! Clearly they don't want us bringing our own decorations- they have gotten smart.

#3895 Speckles121

Speckles121
        • 720 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:26 AM

Thats soo fustrating and outrageous!!! Im seriously considering asking a couple of my friends just to do the setup for the reception. I cannot see paying that much money!!!!! seriously $200 PER TABLE to throw some linens and put the favors out..  I hope they are realizing they are hurting their wedding business and not helping it at all!

#3896 shan0487

shan0487
          • 1,393 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
          • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

I know!!!! I hope she says I can have friends set it up, otherwise I guess I will be renting the table runners at $7 a pop....which I won't have more than 4 tables, so that's not the end of the world, but it is just frustrating they go from $65 for everything to $200 a table PLUS $100 for the ceremony!!!

#3897 Speckles121

Speckles121
          • 720 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

Has anyone else booked any of the Colin Cowie packages yet? I started out thinking I wanted to do the Pearl Shimmer package and now I'm questioning the investment of it. It sounded and looked great but now I'm questioning it all. I kind of want to switch to the complimentary package and add on from there. Thoughts??? helppp??

#3898 Palacebridex2

Palacebridex2
            • 281 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

I understand!  I looked at the packages, & I was going to pick the pearl shimmer, but decided against it.  I figured I could get the complimentary package, & just add on things I want!!  The new complimentary package looks much better than the old one, so I'm feeling good about picking it!! 

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

Has anyone else booked any of the Colin Cowie packages yet? I started out thinking I wanted to do the Pearl Shimmer package and now I'm questioning the investment of it. It sounded and looked great but now I'm questioning it all. I kind of want to switch to the complimentary package and add on from there. Thoughts??? helppp??

#3899 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
              • 675 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hey Summer!  We were in Minneapolis, but his Dad lives in Duluth (that's where FI grew up).  Have so much fun at your shower and bach. party!!!

Originally Posted by summer12 

Hey Jamie- Where in MN did you go?  I grew up there and have lived all over that state!  Actually I'm heading there two weeks from today for a bridal shower with my family and a bachelorette party with my college friends!  Can't wait!

I paid $72 for 16 t-shirts from vista print.  That was 1/2 off the original price.  Vista print always has great deals!  I will definitely post templates!  I got all my templates from this site, so I will definitely be paying it forward!

Originally Posted by Speckles121 

Looks like you are doing soo much!! Cannot wait to see all these pictures!! Can I ask what did you pay for your t-shirts?? I'm totally with you though..I feel like I've done more research ont OOT bags than I did on trying to find my dress.

Are you planning on posting templates??

*tear tear*  I really hate hearing this!  I thinking I am going to have to forgo bringing my own chair sashes and table runners (even though, I have already bought them)  I hope Ivis gets back to me soon.  And...I REALLY hope this doesn't mean they won't put the favors on the tables.  That would severely P!SS me off!!!

Originally Posted by shan0487 

I got a response last night regarding the outrageous set up fees- I was told it is $100 fee for the ceremony and $200 PER TABLE for the reception!!!! That is outrageous!!

I have questioned her to ask if that still pertains to people if they get the unlimited private events and if I can just have a friend/guest of the wedding set up my reception decorations- as all I will have is a table runner and my favors ( I will do away with chair bows if they are going to charge that much!!!) So we will see what Janessa says!

I cannot believe they would charge that much! Clearly they don't want us bringing our own decorations- they have gotten smart.

#3900 Smoylan

Smoylan
                • 202 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

I am doing the complimentary package with add ons...although Im not sure what??? I definately want the horse drawn carriage!

I have also reached 65 room nights booked and I am thinking thats going to be about it.

However, I would love to be surprised by a couple more, but having an AHR makes it easier for people to celebrate with us back here.

I have loved not having to deal with the moon palace directly! My Travel Agent has done all the coorespondence :)

I am just waiting for my 90 days out phone call. I know some people have been having problems and I am hoping to know exactly what I want by the time they call me. So I have a few questions for all you experts!

What should I do with my 2 hour function-does it include dinner? Id like it to be 4 hours with a buffet and use PSAV. How many people per table? Was that ever figured out? and how much is it per hour to extend? I feel like there is no straight set answer? Is it in my contract?

I know you all have been going back and forth and Ive been following everything, I just want to make this as stress-free as possible. I envy all your creativity and hard work!!!

~Siobhan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users