Jump to content

Recommended Posts


It's going to be OK Just Breath phewwww!!

 

OK who is your wedding sales rep in Miami, if she has no responded back to you.. call her supervisor and request another rep. I have Michelle F. she is wonderful.. replies to emails returns calls she is great!!!!! Good Luck let me know how thing work out and I can be of any help...
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Good Morning everyone....

 

I just need to vent, as I am getting so upset....I still haven't gotten my wedding contract for my new date.  I know things take longer with destination weddings, but did it take everyone close to a month get their wedding contract from MP?  I am kind of at a halt and can't do anything until that contract is signed.....sad.gif

 

OK, thanks!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys quick question....

I received my contract and was wondering if there are certain things that i should DEF put in before i sign it????

Thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Lizzie and she's been AMAZING!!! Very prompt to respond to emails....usually less that 24 hours. Whew!! And she's the one that sent me all the stuff on where we could have the ceremony and other events. She also encouraged me to pick the ceremony location soon so we could get it reserved. Love her!!
 

Originally Posted by ndvidul View Post

As a side note - after sending my plethora of questions to Claudia (which she confirmed is actually my WC that I'll be working with on-site), she has told me that she will put me in touch with someone to answer my questions before the 90 days.  AND, I got an additional email from my Miami Coordinator telling me more details on this:

 

Good Afternoon,

 

Please be advised that they have informed me that there is a new department called the concierge department that will be able to assist you with the wedding details, which they will then get you in contact with your onsite wedding coordinator 3 months prior.

 

Please be informed that I am forwarding your questions to Iliana and Lizzie for further assistance.


Geraldine Flores

 

Looks like they have a new department what will help answer questions and that's who Lizzie is who is helping Coconoir! (right?)  Just thought this may help us clear things up a little...

 

P.S.  Hoping to book my event sites ASAP through Lizzie, like you suggested Coconoir.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jamie5280

 

Yes it does take that long due to them coordinating with the judge or minister that will be presiding over your ceremony. Apparently it takes a while to see who is available on your date. It actually took us about 6 weeks to get ours confirmed because we decided to change the type of ceremony we wanted from civil to symbolic. It saves you about $600 if you legally get married in the states either before or after you go to Mexico. The resort has your date and time reserved though. Try not to sweat it.

 

Happy planning!
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Good Morning everyone....

 

I just need to vent, as I am getting so upset....I still haven't gotten my wedding contract for my new date.  I know things take longer with destination weddings, but did it take everyone close to a month get their wedding contract from MP?  I am kind of at a halt and can't do anything until that contract is signed.....sad.gif

 

Ok, thanks!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did your dress fitting go? I have been thinking about you this week hoping that everything went ok!
 

Originally Posted by kris10kay View Post

My wedding dress finally came in ladies!! and I get to try it on tomorrow morning!! I hope I still love it..I'm nervous!!undecided.gif



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamie I just sent you a long PM reply but I don't see it in our conversation history so I don't think you got it... let me know if you do or not.

 

But I wanted to tell you mine took awhile too. You're a lot more patient than I am though because I only waited a week before having my TA help me out. She emailed Janina and found out the date was mine but they were waiting for the minister (like mrsjdh2b mentioned above). Since a friend of ours is marrying us, I had my TA pass along the word that I didn't need a minister and I got my contract as soon as they were told that. Are you needing their minister/judge service? If not, you should tell them so they don't wait any longer.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Good Morning everyone....

 

I just need to vent, as I am getting so upset....I still haven't gotten my wedding contract for my new date.  I know things take longer with destination weddings, but did it take everyone close to a month get their wedding contract from MP?  I am kind of at a halt and can't do anything until that contract is signed.....sad.gif

 

Ok, thanks!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contact your Miami Coordinator, a lot of times your date is approved but they are waiting for the officiant/judge whatever to see if they can do it. 
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Good Morning everyone....

 

I just need to vent, as I am getting so upset....I still haven't gotten my wedding contract for my new date.  I know things take longer with destination weddings, but did it take everyone close to a month get their wedding contract from MP?  I am kind of at a halt and can't do anything until that contract is signed.....sad.gif

 

Ok, thanks!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


There's not a lot of wiggle room. i.e. some try to get the outside vendor line deleted (some to no avail and others success).  However; if it is your group contract definitely the room nights and days perks.

Originally Posted by Danceraz View Post

Hey guys quick question....

I received my contract and was wondering if there are certain things that i should DEF put in before i sign it????

Thanks for your help



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies,

 

My invites created by the famous Sarah Sproullie Designs came in today.  After doing homework with the little man, I will definitely post.  So exciting.  These babies will go out by Monday ;-)  Yahoooooooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ladies!    Makes me feel better, just getting anxious to send out STD's and book photogs, etc...  Hopefully by the end of the week.  :)
 

Originally Posted by YWS2012 View Post


It's going to be OK Just Breath phewwww!!

 

OK who is your wedding sales rep in Miami, if she has no responded back to you.. call her supervisor and request another rep. I have Michelle F. she is wonderful.. replies to emails returns calls she is great!!!!! Good Luck let me know how thing work out and I can be of any help...
 



 



 



Originally Posted by mrsjdh2b View Post

Hi Jamie5280

 

Yes it does take that long due to them coordinating with the judge or minister that will be presiding over your ceremony. Apparently it takes a while to see who is available on your date. It actually took us about 6 weeks to get ours confirmed because we decided to change the type of ceremony we wanted from civil to symbolic. It saves you about $600 if you legally get married in the states either before or after you go to Mexico. The resort has your date and time reserved though. Try not to sweat it.

 

Happy planning!
 



 



 


Leenancy, I did not get the PM.

Originally Posted by leenancy View Post

Jamie I just sent you a long PM reply but I don't see it in our conversation history so I don't think you got it... let me know if you do or not.

 

But I wanted to tell you mine took awhile too. You're a lot more patient than I am though because I only waited a week before having my TA help me out. She emailed Janina and found out the date was mine but they were waiting for the minister (like mrsjdh2b mentioned above). Since a friend of ours is marrying us, I had my TA pass along the word that I didn't need a minister and I got my contract as soon as they were told that. Are you needing their minister/judge service? If not, you should tell them so they don't wait any longer.

 

Quote:



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • $400.00 OBO Beautiful dress. Never worn. Tags still attached. Only alteration was a bustle put on the back. Slip included.  Kept in bag. Smoke free home.    
    • I have beautiful never used Real Touch flowers for sale.  NEVER USED  $450 OBO for all! 1 Bride Bouquet 6 Bridesmaids Bouquets 3 Corsages 5 Boutonnieres   Please comment or email me at melissatatalovich@hotmail.com for more information    
    • Paradisus is actually notorious for doing this and we have to fight with them all the time to get the rates lowered. Are you using a TA to assist you?
    • Moon palace cancun offers Sikh priest. Janina Mendoza in weddings was very nice and able to help me.. suggest to contact her.
    • First of all congrats!!! Costa Rica is a magical place for a wedding  Are you working with a travel agency for your rooms? If not, I would highly encourage you to do so because an agent can often help you get in contact with the wedding department to get that conversation/communication going. I would suggest working with Wright Travel Agency, the official agency of this forum. These agents are specialist in destination weddings and have access to great promotions and group perks in addition to being able to secure the best rates for your group. Best of all the agency does not charge any fees to use their service, but it will take a load off your plate not having to worry about arrangements for travel for you and your guests. Shoot an email over to info@wrighttravelagency.com and one of the team members will get back to you and get the ball rolling for your group and the wedding department! Best wishes!!!
  • Topics

×