Jump to content

Photo

For all of you previous brides - did you do coolers????


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jak27

jak27
  • Member
  • 715 posts

    Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

    Ok ladies,

    Has anyone gotten married and used the collapsible coolers as your OOT bag? My FI loves the idea of the cooler, and I think it's adorable, but I'm having issues putting our name on it, if we're really spending the $$ for our guests, I want them to use it in the future. We already have koozies w/ our names, so I think this is overkill.

    Any thoughts?

    Did you do coolers, and did your guests use them, or do they use them now?

    HELP!

    #2 LCBride2007

    LCBride2007

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

      Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

      i wish i would have thought about it - i totally would have done this! but then i would have skipped the koozies. but anyway - i know someone on here did this - and she had them personalized. what about just getting a monogram/logo with just the location and date, and maybe your names in smaller print if you want - that's what i did (and a lot of us) for the OOT bags, since we didn't want our names plastered all over something they may want to use again.

      #3 jak27

      jak27
      • Member
      • 715 posts

        Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

        Yeah, Ann I hear ya. I'm totally not into having our names on everything. The koozies are really cute, but for a cooler, I would prefer that our guests like it enough to reuse.

        FI thinks that if we do our coral on it with Los Cabos or something, that it looks like a generic cooler from Cabo, like a tshirt or something you can pick up at the shops.

        I know Melissa did some and they were darling, so who knows what we'll end up with.

        Oh well. I'll keep yall posted on who wins this one!

        #4 MelissaH

        MelissaH
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,724 posts

          Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

          We did coolers for our wedding party as thank you gifts...we stuffed them with bathing suits, flip flops and all kinds of beachy stuff.

          #5 pouchie

          pouchie
          • Jr. Member
          • 189 posts

            Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jak27
            Ok ladies,

            Has anyone gotten married and used the collapsible coolers as your OOT bag? My FI loves the idea of the cooler, and I think it's adorable, but I'm having issues putting our name on it, if we're really spending the $$ for our guests, I want them to use it in the future. We already have koozies w/ our names, so I think this is overkill.

            Any thoughts?

            Did you do coolers, and did your guests use them, or do they use them now?

            HELP!
            That is such a good idea! I love the cooler idea. I think just the place and the date would be nice on the bag.

            #6 pouchie

            pouchie
            • Jr. Member
            • 189 posts

              Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
              We did coolers for our wedding party as thank you gifts...we stuffed them with bathing suits, flip flops and all kinds of beachy stuff.
              Where did you purchase your coolers? I have 65 guests so I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on them but I really like this idea. Any suggustions to where I could get some cheap ones?

              #7 jak27

              jak27
              • Member
              • 715 posts

                Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
                We did coolers for our wedding party as thank you gifts...we stuffed them with bathing suits, flip flops and all kinds of beachy stuff.
                Great idea Melissa. Thanks!

                #8 Jessica

                Jessica
                • VIP Member
                • 11,939 posts

                  Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

                  I didn't do coolers but I know of someone who did and didn't put their names on it, just a very generic tropical type picture and the name of the location (island). I thought it was a super cute idea and if i got someting like that, I would totally save and reuse it in the future.

                  #9 jak27

                  jak27
                  • Member
                  • 715 posts

                    Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:56 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
                    I didn't do coolers but I know of someone who did and didn't put their names on it, just a very generic tropical type picture and the name of the location (island). I thought it was a super cute idea and if i got someting like that, I would totally save and reuse it in the future.
                    Thanks for your input!

                    #10 Wisco4

                    Wisco4
                    • Member
                    • 666 posts

                      Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:11 PM

                      The company I work for takes us on a sales trip every year and I get such great ideas from their welcome bags. Everything they give us has our company logo as well as the location and year. For Maui we got the coolers with an attached bottle opener stuffed with flip flops, long sleeved t's (to wear to the welcome bonfire), beach towels, sunscreen, sunglass cases and the itinerary.
                      I use everything all the time regardless of what it says on it. The cooler is so handy.

                      ~Amanda




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users