Photo

Guest Favors

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TRow03

TRow03
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

I would love suggestions on favors for my guests.  I wanted to provide my guests with something that would be useful, as opposed to just "stuff", that they will probably throw away once they get back home.  A recent bride had a great idea, where she made a Jamaican survival kit. I really wanted to purchase 200 ML bottles of Jamaican Estates rum, but, I have been unsuccessful in having anyone from the company contact me back.

Please help!!!

#2 TMC81

TMC81
    • 13 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

I also wanted to give my guest small bottles of Jamaican Rum as favors, but like you I have been unsuccessful.  Let me know if you have any luck.

I was also thinking of giving my guests personalized mugs when they arrive.  I think most guest will appreciate the mugs since the resort gives you drinks in smalls cups and it's something that they can reuse at home and it will remind them of your wedding!!

#3 matzah1

matzah1
      • 37 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

You might be able to buy these at the Montego Bay airport, they do have a few liquors stores there.

#4 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
        • 355 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

These items are obviously availabe at the airport, but as i recall,it was only at departure. When you're in Jamaica, go to one of the stores and you can get it there.  If you are getting a larger amount of things, ask for a discount... they're usually pretty good.

#5 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
          • 355 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by bmadzia1 

These items are obviously availabe at the airport, but as i recall,it was only at departure. When you're in Jamaica, go to one of the stores and you can get it there.  If you are getting a larger amount of things, ask for a discount... they're usually pretty good.

#6 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
            • 610 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:03 AM

As the actual wedding favor at the reception... we're doing shot glasses!  When we travel, we always buy a shot glass.  We're personalizing them with a Palm Tree and "Jamaica" and then our names and date in small print.  I'm thinking of ordering extra and using them as candle holders and use them as part of the centerpiece.  I love candle light!!!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#7 ohaske

ohaske
              • 163 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:47 AM

Thank you for the heads up! I am going to Jamaica in July to view the site for our wedding and I wanted to buy the small Appleton Rums as well.

#8 Toiinlove

Toiinlove
                • 87 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

Hey,

I have ordered 200ml of Appletum Rum. 1 case which is 24 bottles is $180. If you order more they give you a better discount. Hope this helps. Happy Planning

#9 ShellyCarter

ShellyCarter
                  • 217 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Toinnlove, where did you order the rum from?

Married! xo

#10 daizyduke

daizyduke
                    • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

Jamaican Rum is a great idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users