Photo

Ring Bearer Dilemma

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dayna_123

dayna_123
  • 178 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:58 PM

So when I started planning my wedding a year ago, I wasn't planning on having a flower girl or ring bearer since I have one nephew and FI has 2, all around the same age and I wasn't going to pick between the three of them.  My nephew was booked to go all along, FI's not.  They had no intentions of bringing the kids down.  So I then decided to make my nephew ring bearer since he will be the only child coming.  I order a cute seashell from Etsy to carry the rings, had a tie made to match the bridesmaids dresses.  Anyways, final payments are due next week...and guess whose booked and coming now...the other two children.   Do I now have to include them in the wedding to?  FI brought that up tonight...and I am now wondering what to do???

#2 X-Chan

X-Chan
    • 166 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

If your nephew's family is still planning on going I think you should just stick to your original plan. If you have to choose between the 3, I find that a lot of times the kid isn't really into the whole thing so maybe just talk to the kids and the parents to see who would like to volunteer. I've been to a few weddings where the parents ended up having to walk the kid down the aisle and presenting the ring or throwing the petals themselves since the kids were too shy! 

Is there a  have the opposite problem.. we don't have any potential flower girls or ring bearers! 

#3 karyan

karyan
      • 184 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:10 AM

just stick to the original plan, if they ask you can say that since your nephew was booked first he was picked.

#4 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
        • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

I agree with Karyan -- it's too late to make the other two ring bearers now. But, is there anything else they can do to participate in the ceremony, if they want to?

Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
          Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
          http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
          Leftover Wedding Items FS:
          http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#5 skp1

skp1
          • 405 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:38 AM

I would stick to the original plan.  Just because your FI's brother/sister changed their plans at the last minute, doesn't mean you should have to change yours.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#6 hamme

hamme
            • 194 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

WHATEVER!!! Your outfits look great!!! Thanks for the post!

#7 hamme

hamme
              • 194 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:16 AM

sorry I obviously posted on the wrong post! lol

I think you should stick with your original plan. If it becomes and issue or you feel so inclined... give the other two kids something to do during the wedding (help pass out programs, give out throw petals or whatever might be easy to do)Then  make sure your photographer gets a really cute photo of all three of them together for their parents. They could always be a huge help by playing with each other the whole time which will be a big help in it's self! good luck!

#8 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
                • 355 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:31 AM

Just stick to the original plan. I'm sure they will understand, they did indicate that they wouldn't be brining children with them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users