Photo

wedding day sunscreen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Aumuller

Aumuller
  • 365 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:43 PM

I apologize if this is already out there somewhere but I couldn't find it. I was wondering what everyone plans on using for their wedding day sunscreen. I've heard wearing sunscreen under makeup or even makeup with sunscreen is really not good for pictures. However I don't really wanna go without sunscreen and burn my face. Any suggestions?

#2 skadow

skadow
    • Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

Hmmm I havnt seen this anywhere...Its a good thought. I never really thought about this. It will also be good for my TTD. Being in the water for 4-6 hours will kill my vampire white skin hehe. Us Wisconsin Girls, dont get much light in winter.

I think my Makeup has sunscreen in the foundation. I will have to check though. I use BobbiBrown Makeup.

#3 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
      • Banned
      • 630 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

I actually have a face moisturizer that has SPF15 in it that works as well as sunscreen (I believe it is a Nuetrogena lotion).  However, I am not sure if there are body moisturizers that could do the same for your arms/chest/back.  I really don't want to wear real sunscreen in those areas on my wedding day as they just don't feel natural.  For one day (or two for TTD) I can probably spare the extra lotion to cover the arms and such.

#4 skadow

skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I contact my photographer. Del Sol, they suggested wearing sunscreen during the TTD and Wedding if you are not use to the sun.

So being from Wisconsin I will be wearing SunScreen...No lobster look for me =)

#5 dmkn77

dmkn77
          • 164 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

Damn, another thing I haven't thought about! I might think about bringing an umbrella or parasol for hiding under as much as possible between photos. But I also think I will need to wear sunscreen and just make that sacrifice for having maybe a "shiny" face in pics. I still want to enjoy my weddingmoon and not be a lobster bride!

#6 ammorris17

ammorris17
            • 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

I didn't even think of this. I would maybe get a moisturizing lotion with spf to use under you makeup. Also use makeup with some SPF. I would not put actual sunscreen under my makeup bc it is so oily.

#7 sonyaj

sonyaj
              • 150 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Another thing to add to my 'check it out' list. I think our ceremony will be at 4pm so I may be able to get away with carrying an umbrella.

#8 SusanJeff2008

SusanJeff2008
                • 160 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:44 AM

I never thought about that either...thanks for posting!

#9 JenK

JenK
                  • 302 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

No one has posted here for awhile, but I am wondering what best face and body sunscreen or lotion with SPF to use? I know you aren't supposed to have SPF products when getting photographed, but I am thinking it is better for me to avoid a sunburn vs shiny/white face!!! Does anyone have any ideas?

#10 zbwedding

zbwedding
                    • 156 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

Seriously!  I didnt even think about this... and I FRY in the sun!  So makeup with SPF is the best route to go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users