#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:50 AM

i didnt get my crepes...they were closed

usually i get the strawberry, whip cream and nutella one and have them add a scoop of gelato...

now i am craving them and think i will make some tomorrow...

anyone have a to die for recipe?

what do you like to put on them?

in france they just like lemon and sugar or butter and sugar...i've had them that way and they are so simple but delicious.

here are a few recipes i am considering:

Quote:
Crepes Recipe courtesy Paula Deen, 2007
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Paula Goes to Europe

3 eggs, large
1 1/3 cups milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for pan
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Pinch salt
Various toppings: whipped cream, chocolate sauce, jams, powdered sugar, etc.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add remaining ingredients and whisk vigorously until combined, small lumps are ok. Set batter aside to rest for 20 minutes.
Heat an 8-inch nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Lightly brush the pan with melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the hot pan, twirling the pan so the batter spreads out evenly into a very thin layer. Cook about 30 seconds until the crepe comes away from the sides of the pan. Gently flip the crepe over with your fingers or the help of a rubber spatula and continue cooking another few seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat cooking crepes until all the batter is used.

Now the crepes can be filled and topped to your liking. Try whipped cream, chocolate sauce, hazelnut spread, butter, jam, caramel sauce, powdered sugar, peanut butter, fresh fruit etc.
Quote:
Crepes Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
Show: Good Eats
Episode: Crepe Expectations

2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons melted butter
Butter, for coating the pan

In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds. Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This allows the bubbles to subside so the crepes will be less likely to tear during cooking. The batter will keep for up to 48 hours.
Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to the cutting board. Lay them out flat so they can cool. Continue until all batter is gone. After they have cooled you can stack them and store in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months. When using frozen crepes, thaw on a rack before gently peeling apart.

*Savory Variation Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, spinach or sun-dried tomatoes to the egg mixture.

*Sweet Variation Add 21/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of your favorite liqueur to the egg mixture.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:53 AM

My mom had an awesome crepe recipe, but I have no idea what happened to it..

I LOVE them with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Also with strawberries and powdered sugar.

Mmmm...the one you wanted sounds good too. Hopefully someone has a great recipe!

#3 calyx6

calyx6
    • 160 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:07 AM

I'm a traditionalist so I would leave out the cocoa powder. My favorite way to have them is one of the ways you've already mentionned: unsalted butter and granulated sugar. Yummmm!!!

-Vi-
      Tulum - November 3, 2007

#4 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:08 AM

yummy!! now I want crepes at 2am!! lol

#5 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

OMG I love crepes!!! I usually just put lemon and sugar on them with some fresh raspberries! Now I think Im gonna have to make some.lol

#6 ajncooter

ajncooter
          • 983 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:33 AM

yum.. ive been craving crepes..it was on the food channel yesterday!

#7 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

booo for missing your crepes cos they were closed! I'm starving this morning! Crepes sound ssoo good. It's been ages since I've had them!

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

i'm gonna make some today!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 Heidi

Heidi
              • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

I freaking LOVE crepes!!! Best place I"ve had them is in South Beach Miami, in a little French cafe on Espanola Way (actually, my avatar pic is taken there!). YUMMMM!!! My favorite sweet crepe is strawberry & nutella; my favorite savory crepe is pears, walnuts & brie. I might have to fly to Miami this weekend now!
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:02 PM

i've made crepes twice this week...so easy and so yummy...

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users