KitCat77

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

@@MissJali thank you so much for your amazing review! Congratulations and best wishes to you and your new husband!  Your pictures looked amazing!!!

@MissJali thank you so much for your review and your pictures!! you were such a beautiful bride!! I leave Monday, April 21st for my week away at this resort and am getting married on April 25th. I promise to post my review soon after.

I really love the pier and was thinking about trying to switch our ceremony location to there, we are currently in the garden gazebo (which i think will be nice cause it is shaded for the guests and I chose because i heard it is more private. We are bringing a photographer down with us, it was actually cheaper and better for us to do that than go with Tropical pictures. Our photographer said she takes pictures of all of us all week long so it will be nice to have a week full of memories in photos.

i am feeling a tad unorganized and overwhelmed with all the planning and i feel like i am missing things.  Did you bring your own table numbers or table number holders? I am certain i will forget a million things :$.  the weather also says rain almost every single day but i find that it tends to always say chance of rain in the tropics so fingers crossed that it doesnt rain every day or especially on the wedding day :)

Anyways, good luck with all your planning ladies, i will be sure to post my review and some pictures. If any one has any questions, feel free to ask!

@MissJali thank you so much for your review and your pictures!! you were such a beautiful bride!! I leave Monday, April 21st for my week away at this resort and am getting married on April 25th. I promise to post my review soon after.

I really love the pier and was thinking about trying to switch our ceremony location to there, we are currently in the garden gazebo (which i think will be nice cause it is shaded for the guests and I chose because i heard it is more private. We are bringing a photographer down with us, it was actually cheaper and better for us to do that than go with Tropical pictures. Our photographer said she takes pictures of all of us all week long so it will be nice to have a week full of memories in photos.

i am feeling a tad unorganized and overwhelmed with all the planning and i feel like i am missing things.  Did you bring your own table numbers or table number holders? I am certain i will forget a million things :$.  the weather also says rain almost every single day but i find that it tends to always say chance of rain in the tropics so fingers crossed that it doesnt rain every day or especially on the wedding day :)

Anyways, good luck with all your planning ladies, i will be sure to post my review and some pictures. If any one has any questions, feel free to ask!

Congrats Miss Jali!!! Can you believe it's over? All that planning...I'm happy it was such a great experience.

Trish, I will actually be at the resort April 25th! Maybe I will see your wedding party. So exciting that it's coming up next week!

Since we pushed our date back, we decided to do a vacation/site visit. Can't wait to see the resort.

Congrats Miss Jali!!! Can you believe it's over? All that planning...I'm happy it was such a great experience.

Trish, I will actually be at the resort April 25th! Maybe I will see your wedding party. So exciting that it's coming up next week!

Since we pushed our date back, we decided to do a vacation/site visit. Can't wait to see the resort.

Yes! our wedding is at 3pm at the garden gazebo! That is awesome that you were able to do a site visit!

Hi Trish, Thank you! I actually did bring everything down there myself including my table frames and make the table names at home. I also brought my own purple sand for the centerpieces and napkins. I carried a lot of crap lol. Your day will be beautiful. It always says rain. It did rain in the morning of my TTD session but by 1:30 it had cleared up. So don't worry, can't wait to see your photos!

Hi Reign, yes it's bitter sweet, I'm looking forward to planning the next family vacation tho. What date are you getting married now?

Hi Reign, yes it's bitter sweet, I'm looking forward to planning the next family vacation tho. What date are you getting married now?

We haven't chosen a new date just yet. We had one, but then we found out we're expecting (yay!) so we're working on a new date.

I just saw your pictures....BEAUTIFUL! You chose a great photographer....love it. You guys look great together and the pier is an awesome ceremony location.

I'm now looking for ways to save on the extras! I had originally chosen the beach ceremony (with cocktail reception on the rooftop), but I'm thinking about going with the gazebo since we'll ave a little one, and possibly no cocktail reception. I wanted to use the rooftop so bad, but I think instead we'll have the informal welcome reception there. Still not sure if we'll extend the wedding reception and have a photo booth. Was the extra hour/crazy hour worth it, you think?

We haven't chosen a new date just yet. We had one, but then we found out we're expecting (yay!) so we're working on a new date.

I just saw your pictures....BEAUTIFUL! You chose a great photographer....love it. You guys look great together and the pier is an awesome ceremony location.

I'm now looking for ways to save on the extras! I had originally chosen the beach ceremony (with cocktail reception on the rooftop), but I'm thinking about going with the gazebo since we'll ave a little one, and possibly no cocktail reception. I wanted to use the rooftop so bad, but I think instead we'll have the informal welcome reception there. Still not sure if we'll extend the wedding reception and have a photo booth. Was the extra hour/crazy hour worth it, you think?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting!!!! The cocktail hour is not necessary esp if your guests are like mine and plan to stick around to see you take photos. I believe the crazy hour/extra hour was worth it for my group. The time goes by fast in between the dances and dinner, dessert etc. and we love to dance. So it was worth it for me. I wish I could have afforded to extend it another hour but no go.

@@MissJali

Congrats!!! Took a look at your photos and you looked absolutely beautiful, that dress looked amazing and the pier as the background for your wedding was gorgeous. Thank you for your review and for all your help on this forum, it definitely helped me when it came time to make decisions for my own!

@@kvilagi. Their is an excel sheet that your wedding coordinator will send you with all the extras. The centerpieces have different prices depending on what you want.  Basic DJ (3 hrs) $708.

DJ +MC (3hrs) is $1300

@@DrVic thank you so much!! you have to be so excited that your wedding is coming up :) 

Love this blog & being able to see what everybody else is doing/says