Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#671 natalieblev

natalieblev
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bjeantil 

Natlieblev: How were you going to use them at BBPD? Esp with them being so strict about using outside phtographers...I would love to use them!

I was thinking day pass, but I knew they had done pictures there before and so would know how to get around it in the cheapest way. I just emailed her from the blog and she responded within one day. 

#672 trivera5521

trivera5521
    • 470 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hmmm seems risky? If it was that simple then why have an outside vendor fee of $1K? This kind of scares me...keep me posted on how this works out with the photographers.

Ladies: I recently changed my wedding colors because I am over trying to figure out coral.  Seems everyone has a different perception of what Coral is some more pink than others or more peachy anyway. I dont recall sharing ideas with you guys on your thoughts for the tables in regards to colors and runners Vs. table clothes and centerpieces. Would love to bounce ideas off you guys? As far as colors I have officially changed my colors to now be...orange/aqua LOL. What are you colors? Runners or Overlays? Bringing your own centerpieces or just sucking up the additional $400+ and having the resort do them?

#673 aquatracie

aquatracie
      • 64 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

Tamara,

It was so complicated with having the color ''Coral'' for my color too!  I am still doing Coral.  Even when I was getting my Bridesmaid Dresses the Color the Boutique called the dress was "Cherry'' in my eyes it was Coral!  I tried to do some orders online and the samples I got were all different Corals of Pink,Red,Orange hues!  I was quite stressed with it.  I have now managed to make it work... I think??!    I havent decided what to do yet for the centre pieces! I am going to go with the runner though!

#674 JRM426

JRM426
        • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

I have a question for those of you that have been to Bar H. 

When it is not done for weddings i have seen pictures that have lounge chairs/loveseats/cushions outside around the bar and that small pool area that is accessible because it is indoor outdoor. You know in the surrounding grassy area.

Do they keep that lounge area set up during a wedding too? I would love that and think my guests would enjoy that if i did end up going with the cigar roller. 

Yes, they move those lounge chairs outside. I had a few guests relaxing out there during the wedding.

#675 cocoHolly

cocoHolly
          • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hey Ladies,

What food have you had at your weddings at the resort? I am trying to pick my menu ahead of time to make menu cars, but i won't be going down for a tastng ahead of time so i am wonderin what everyone has had and wat they thought!

#676 natalieblev

natalieblev
            • 400 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the reply JRM!! Trivera- Noone has told me about that outside vendor fee (ofcourse!) I had no idea. Does anyone know if they have burlap runners and chair bows? Or if you tell them thats what you want can they get it for you?

#677 disazaja

disazaja
              • 91 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Natalieblev - I saw their blog and asked them for a quote they are soo pricey :S beautiful photos though... I got ideas from their blog .... JRM - I dont remember if someone asked this already, was the fire show in Bar Higuey? or did everyone had to move outside? would you recommend it? I need to start thinking about favors and place cards.... whats everyone else doing?

#678 soloparatijc

soloparatijc
                • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hello ladies! I, like you, will also be getting married at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. I am very happy with my decision to get married here ;) I would love to hear any tips you ladies have for me. I decided to go with the tangerine sunset package, I am now realizing the package does not include as much as I thought :( I am emailing back and forth with Susana but she has not been able to confirm a judge/minister. It has now taken two weeks to confirm this and I'm starting to worry because I haven't been able to send out the save the dates yet. Did anyone else have this issue? I am shooting for July 27, 2013, hopefully I will get a confirmation soon. Honestly the photos help so much as I am beginning to notice how much detail is involved. Please keep posting! I felt I was alone in figuring all of this out and I am now so relieved to find this blog!

#679 soloparatijc

soloparatijc
                  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hello ladies! I, like you, will also be getting married at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. I am very happy with my decision to get married here ;) I would love to hear any tips you ladies have for me. I decided to go with the tangerine sunset package, I am now realizing the package does not include as much as I thought :( I am emailing back and forth with Susana but she has not been able to confirm a judge/minister. It has now taken two weeks to confirm this and I'm starting to worry because I haven't been able to send out the save the dates yet. Did anyone else have this issue? I am shooting for July 27, 2013, hopefully I will get a confirmation soon. Honestly the photos help so much as I am beginning to notice how much detail is involved. Please keep posting! I felt I was alone in figuring all of this out and I am now so relieved to find this blog!

#680 soloparatijc

soloparatijc
                    • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users