Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe


  • Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#1861 Reign14

Reign14
  • Site Supporter
  • 115 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:BBPD

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by tricia-m 

QUESTION LADIES:

 

For the women who have done their wire transfer, do you mind me asking did you do it through your own bank or through your travel agent?  My WC is asking to do this through my travel agent which we are ok we just have to pay a fee.  We are still trying to contact our own bank to see how much the fees will be.  Also, how much were the fees (if you had any)?  It's just confusing since the first WC said we would do the transfer and my new WC is now saying I have to do it through my travel agent. 

 

Thank you in advance :)

Strange that your WC (i'm assuming you mean the BBPD WC) cares who it comes from. I wouldn't think it matters as long as they get their money. My bank (Wells Fargo) charged us $35 for the wire transfer.



#1862 SoonMrsD

SoonMrsD
  • Jr. Member
  • 245 posts

    Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

    Originally Posted by samantha2 

    AngeliniC - I need your email if you are wanting me to send you the centerpiece

    llewald and tricia-m - I sent an email with the picture of the included centerpiece.

     

    Tricia-m - we did the transfer for our deposit through our travel agent as she was the one working to set everything up with the resort and get our wedding booked.  There was no extra fee for that but we had paid her to take care of all the wedding set up and group travel bookings.  

     

    SoonMrsD - could you send me the list of extras please too!  My email is sammie_s2@hotmail.com

     

    Sent! 

     

    why did you have to pay your travel agent? Who are you using, if you don't mind me asking?



    #1863 MissJali

    MissJali
    • Member
    • 935 posts

      Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

      I did my transfer through my bank and i didn't pay a fee. I have BOA



      #1864 minigodiva

      minigodiva
      • Newbie
      • 87 posts

        Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

        Do any of you ladies know if they offer any other type of musical entertainment such as a small band?  My family loves to dance "tipico" and maybe they have a tipico band that can play a set or 2. 

        I think they offer a band or even belly dancers, and other forms of entertainment for reception. I think I saw t on the price list spreadsheet.

        Attached Files



        #1865 MissJali

        MissJali
        • Member
        • 935 posts

          Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

          Yea it's called the crazy hour. I was thinking of doing it



          #1866 samantha2

          samantha2
          • Newbie
          • 66 posts

            Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

            Originally Posted by SoonMrsD 

             

            Sent! 

             

            why did you have to pay your travel agent? Who are you using, if you don't mind me asking?

            Thank you!

             

            We paid our travel agent because she is a destination wedding specialist so on top of all the group travel booking she organized all the beginning wedding details!  She finalized the date and time, all the judge info, everything so that I didn't have to be going back and forth with the resort wedding coordinator.  She did way more than just booking flights and rooms for everyone.  She also had so many ideas for the wedding itself and really worked to make things happen for us (we rented the Presidential suite for our reception (an idea we had heard from her) and then was able to get the two night minimum waived for us so we only had to pay for the night of our wedding!!!  We worked with Tanja Walsh out of Calgary.  Best money my fiance and I could have spent on our wedding.  I didn't have any contact with the resort up until last week (as we are now less than 3 months away from the wedding date).  With lots of the comments that I have read on here about coordinators taking so long to get back to people, I'm happy that I didn't have to do all that running around.  



            #1867 minigodiva

            minigodiva
            • Newbie
            • 87 posts

              Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

              tricia-m: I wired it thru my PNC bank. They charged us $25 for it but I should've gone thru BofA like MissJali to avoid a fee.

              #1868 SoonMrsD

              SoonMrsD
              • Jr. Member
              • 245 posts

                Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

                Originally Posted by samantha2 

                Thank you!

                 

                We paid our travel agent because she is a destination wedding specialist so on top of all the group travel booking she organized all the beginning wedding details!  She finalized the date and time, all the judge info, everything so that I didn't have to be going back and forth with the resort wedding coordinator.  She did way more than just booking flights and rooms for everyone.  She also had so many ideas for the wedding itself and really worked to make things happen for us (we rented the Presidential suite for our reception (an idea we had heard from her) and then was able to get the two night minimum waived for us so we only had to pay for the night of our wedding!!!  We worked with Tanja Walsh out of Calgary.  Best money my fiance and I could have spent on our wedding.  I didn't have any contact with the resort up until last week (as we are now less than 3 months away from the wedding date).  With lots of the comments that I have read on here about coordinators taking so long to get back to people, I'm happy that I didn't have to do all that running around.  

                 

                That's awesome, well since I speak Spanish I just call my WC directly and try to hash out details on the phone or through email and she responds usually within 24hours so for now I'm ok. I'm all about not paying extra costs because apparently there's always extra prices thrown in and I'm not having it haha.

                 

                Can't wait until you share your special day with us!



                #1869 myyooths

                myyooths
                • Jr. Member
                • 188 posts

                  Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

                  Originally Posted by minigodiva 


                  I think they offer a band or even belly dancers, and other forms of entertainment for reception. I think I saw t on the price list spreadsheet.

                  Thank you



                  #1870 myyooths

                  myyooths
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 188 posts

                    Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

                    Originally Posted by MissJali 

                    Yea it's called the crazy hour. I was thinking of doing it

                    I wanted to do that one too, but after SoonMrsD sent me the price list, I'm not considering it as much.  Looks kinda pricey!, Your wedding is way before mine, if you do it, please post pics :-)






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users