Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#171 sunny55143

• 84 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi Ladies,

Our photographer posted some pics from our wedding last week and I thought I would share some with you that showed actual wedding things you might be interested in:

Resort train decorated for the wedding - picked guests up at the lobby 30 minutes before the start of our ceremony:

Cocktail hour setup in the garden gazebo:

Music trio that played the ceremony and cocktail hour:

Bar Higuey:

Walking in to Bar Higuey from convention center

Chicken pesto dinner:

Candles lit along walkway:

Cigar roller (forgot his name) - he was a big hit with the guests!

#172 trivera5521

• 470 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

Absolutely beautiful Sunny!! They did a great job!! Did they charge you extra to hold the cocktail hour in the garden gazebo, above and beyond the $10-$12 per person that is? THe train is sooo fkn cute LOL!  One more thought the chicken dish seems like an really small portion....did you feel like your guests were still hungry? Would hate for our guests to indulge in an open bar on a semi full stomach LOL

#173 JGWedding2012

• 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I like the magnets! I did that too and it's very helpful because they won't get lost and when I go visit my family and friends I see them on there fridge :D

#174 JGWedding2012

• 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yes I sent 30% to Florida...the rest I was told to pay at the resort.

#175 cotyshea2013

• 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

I need some help! We are looking at getting married at the BBPD on May 25, 2013, but haven't confirmed anything yet. Does anyone know if you can do a ceremony on the pier? I think we are going to do our reception on la barcaza. Has anyone done that for their actual reception? I just want to be able to have all the traditional elements of a reception like the cake cutting, announcing the wedding party, first dance,etc. thanks for any help!

#176 aquatracie

• 64 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

Thankyou!! Sunny!!!!! You made so many of us girls happy bu sharing the pictures!! and the train is adorable heehe!!! thanks for all the reviews too >^^<

#177 JRM426

• 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

Hey JGWedding2012,

I just realized we have the same wedding day. What time and where are you getting married?

Originally Posted by JGWedding2012 

I like the magnets! I did that too and it's very helpful because they won't get lost and when I go visit my family and friends I see them on there fridge

#178 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
                • 217 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:41 AM

You are the bomb girl. But hahahaha seriously is that really chicken and not a chicken drop. I guess we need to add the cocktail hour. There is no way my guests are going to feel like they ate anything. lol. It just looked wonderful.

Question- Did you use the resorts DJ? and where you able to contact him directly by any chance? Do you have his info or name?

I loved your website. And the bun in the oven outfit is the greatest. Too cute.

#179 trivera5521

• 470 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Thanks OctBride ;)   So I am sure now that Sunny's wedding has come and gone she is probably over this site and all of us LOL (j/k) but now that I am exactly a year out I feel like I should or could be doing something or buying something and I just dont know where to start LOL. If I can just get the flow going I will be good. So few questions Sunny or ladies. I am doing the Tangerine Package and I am still not sure what decor is included and what isn’t so I am kinda stuck on what to buy.    ·         Is the hoopa with the colored cloth for the beach wedding including? ·         Are the white chair covers and colored bows included that are used for both the ceremony           and reception? ·         The draping in Bar Higuey was included right? ·         What about the colored table runners for reception, included? ·         When I did the site visit Jeanne showed me a sheet of color swatches that we can choose           from, any chance someone has this??

#180 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
                    • 217 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Ok this is what I have. I added the huppa for my package and told them what colors I wanted. On my invoice it they did not charge me anything additional for the fabric.

The chairs come standard with the white color and the colored bows. The reception comes standard with the runners. With the tangerine package it comes with the center pieces which I guess is the pine-cone thingy unless you upgrade.

I have gone back and forth alot about what is included and what isn't. In addition to what decorations you can add.

But you are fine. you are not behind in any way. I need to start working on any paperwork. brochures, seating cards, and whatever else I will be sending or displaying for my guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users