Jump to content
KitCat77

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonMrsD View Post
 

 

 

Well if you get the Tangerine package I was told the draping is included as well as Bar Higuey and small centerpieces

 

I have to email Hildebranda and ask her, I was told differently... I'll let you girls know what she says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessi View Post
 

 

I have to email Hildebranda and ask her, I was told differently... I'll let you girls know what she says.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonMrsD View Post
 

 

 

Well if you get the Tangerine package I was told the draping is included as well as Bar Higuey and small centerpieces

 

 

Yessi,

 

The crazy draping that's everywhere was in the email for "extras"

 

SoonMrsD,

 

There is the basic draping that's included.  But now that I've seen what they can do, I am torn.  But $1800 is a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia-m View Post
 

 

 

 

Yessi,

 

The crazy draping that's everywhere was in the email for "extras"

 

SoonMrsD,

 

There is the basic draping that's included.  But now that I've seen what they can do, I am torn.  But $1800 is a lot.

 

 

I mean yes it looks awesome but who is going to look up while you party lol, in my opinion

I rather pay for an extra hour of DJ and drinking lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJali View Post
 

Idk...I've done my calculations...even paying the vendor fee HDC still comes out cheaper than using Tropical Pictures for photo and video....ehh we'll see. I just want someone familiar with the resort b/c I dont want to be giving anyone a tour of great locations to take my photos.

 

Oh that's so true that can get very annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonMrsD View Post
 

 

 

I mean yes it looks awesome but who is going to look up while you party lol, in my opinion

I rather pay for an extra hour of DJ and drinking lol

 

True!  Partying is much more memorable than draping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay ladies, so this photographer thing is really driving me nuts at this point so I asked my WC, Aris, what is the policy for outside photographers and if I could bring someone from the states instead. This was her response:

 

"El punto es que no aceptamos proveedores externos, y aunque usted lo traiga de su país sigue siendo un profesional externo."

 

****Basic translation for my non-Spanish-speaking brides: HELL NO*****

 

 

WTF?! It is my understanding, from this forum and other brides who HAVE brought someone from the states or anywhere else, that as long as they are included as a guest of your wedding that there are no consequences. 

 

In my inquiry, I mentioned to HDC that I would have to speak the BBPD to verify their policy on external photographers. HDC replied back saying that BBPD does allow outside photographers but they charge a fee of $1000. This could be simply because they don't want to lose business from us, but even still, I was leaning more towards flying someone out from my local NYC area for a couple of days. 

 

:BangHead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyGemini View Post
 

Okay ladies, so this photographer thing is really driving me nuts at this point so I asked my WC, Aris, what is the policy for outside photographers and if I could bring someone from the states instead. This was her response:

 

"El punto es que no aceptamos proveedores externos, y aunque usted lo traiga de su país sigue siendo un profesional externo."

 

****Basic translation for my non-Spanish-speaking brides: HELL NO*****

 

 

WTF?! It is my understanding, from this forum and other brides who HAVE brought someone from the states or anywhere else, that as long as they are included as a guest of your wedding that there are no consequences. 

 

In my inquiry, I mentioned to HDC that I would have to speak the BBPD to verify their policy on external photographers. HDC replied back saying that BBPD does allow outside photographers but they charge a fee of $1000. This could be simply because they don't want to lose business from us, but even still, I was leaning more towards flying someone out from my local NYC area for a couple of days. 

 

:BangHead:

My TA confirmed I was able to bring my photographer from home with NO extra fees. He is staying as a guest.  This better not all of a sudden change.  Or they shouldn't give different information to different brides.  They should know we all talk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia-m View Post
 

My TA confirmed I was able to bring my photographer from home with NO extra fees. He is staying as a guest.  This better not all of a sudden change.  Or they shouldn't give different information to different brides.  They should know we all talk!

 

Right, this doesn't make sense to me at all. If they're part of my guest list, and I'm paying for them to stay at the resort, there should be no issues. They are technically a guest of the resort! I'm even in the process of possibly booking a photographer that a previous bride on here used without any problems back in May. I really don't understand what their problem is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyGemini View Post
 

Okay ladies, so this photographer thing is really driving me nuts at this point so I asked my WC, Aris, what is the policy for outside photographers and if I could bring someone from the states instead. This was her response:

 

"El punto es que no aceptamos proveedores externos, y aunque usted lo traiga de su país sigue siendo un profesional externo."

 

****Basic translation for my non-Spanish-speaking brides: HELL NO*****

 

 

WTF?! It is my understanding, from this forum and other brides who HAVE brought someone from the states or anywhere else, that as long as they are included as a guest of your wedding that there are no consequences. 

 

In my inquiry, I mentioned to HDC that I would have to speak the BBPD to verify their policy on external photographers. HDC replied back saying that BBPD does allow outside photographers but they charge a fee of $1000. This could be simply because they don't want to lose business from us, but even still, I was leaning more towards flying someone out from my local NYC area for a couple of days. 

 

:BangHead:

 

She doesn't know what she's talking about. Your guest is YOUR GUEST. You can certainly bring someone from here. Don't even bother confirming that with her. Just do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyGemini View Post
 

 

Right, this doesn't make sense to me at all. If they're part of my guest list, and I'm paying for them to stay at the resort, there should be no issues. They are technically a guest of the resort! I'm even in the process of possibly booking a photographer that a previous bride on here used without any problems back in May. I really don't understand what their problem is.

 

Are you using TRivera's photographer? Heather did a great job on her wedding. You should have no problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We just had a destination wedding and both my girls were flower girls!  The dresses from princessly were perfect!  Lots of complements! Would definitely recommend them!  Very reasonably priced.
    • I just want to say I got the best flower girl dresses on Princessly. It was very reasonably priced, they customized the dress to fit my daughter and it came within a couple of weeks. My daughter looked amazing and so did her cousin (who also wore the dress). The company was so easy to deal with and I’m so happy I chose them! Here are a couple of pics! 
    • Hello, I'm new to this site. I got engaged already and get married by next year. I have some doubts regarding our dating destination. Hope you will help me. Thank You!
    • Hello everyone,
      Well, this upcoming valentine's day is special for me because I got engaged and planning to spend the day with my fiance. I'm planning to give her an ethical jumpsuit.

      Other than that I have been searching the internet for some nice discounted coupons and searched among my friends and found different sites. Now, we are looking forward to that wonderful day. We searched a lot and found out, Escape The City. Orangeville is a great place for a day trip or weekend gateway from Toronto.
      Theatre Orangeville is offering a weekend package that includes 2 tickets to a Live performance at the theatre, Premium Overnight Accommodations at Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn and Suites and $75 Downtown Wine and Dine Voucher which is valid at select Downtown restaurants, and Free Entry to the scenic Trails & Bridges of Island Lake.

      We are so excited and eagerly waiting for that day.
      If anyone has got any other suggestions for the venue, kindly share your thoughts/ideas.
      Thank You!
       
    • Please tell me, the best wedding venue in Saskatoon, SK.
  • Topics

×