Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Hi yes I'm trying to have it at the Gazebo by the pool at 6:00 pm cheesy.gif I saw it and I really liked the way it looks and then I'm trying to get my reception at one of the salons in the main building. Thanks! I'll see you then we will probably be the only two dressed in white angel2.gif

Hey Natalie, were they able to confirm with you where your reception will be, prior to you sending the deposit down there?  I asked Susana this a few days ago, but I still haven't got an answer.  I want to know this before putting our money down.

Also, in the confirmation form - it says that we have to pay within 7 days or else our reservation date is cancelled.  Did anyone take longer to pay?  Is it ok to go over 7 days?  I'm afraid if Susana doesn't get back to me in time, I'd lose the date, but if we put the money down, and our reception is not confirmed or there's no availability, then what..?

If anyone know, please advise - thanks again ladies!

Hey Tenna No they would not confirm the reception location before I made a deposit. But did confirm the ceremony time and location. I never got the information that I only had seven days. Not sure if that was because my date wasnt filled up or something maybe they forgot to get to me. But I didnt make my deposit until 21 days after I got the confirmation and bank info. I had a minor breakdown about airline prices and was hesitant for a few days so I didnt do it until a few weeks later, but had no issues at all.  

If you put money down they will have a reception location for you no matter what. That is part of your deposit as it applies to the package.  It just may not be where you want it.  They have ballrooms for indoor receptions and then the beach...Bar Higuey is the place it seems everyone wants, so say you planned to have it there and they said yes okay, but if something else comes up we will have to move you. (something meaning a convention) If that happens you wont have to pay the extra charges to have it on the beach.  As of now they tell me the Bar is open for me, so I am crossing my fingers for that and trying to see if I can make another deposit towards securing it. 

Hi Ladies!

So I asked Lianny to book Tropical Pictures and the DJ and she said OK.... does this mean they are confirmed or have any of you actually received a confirmation from them directly?

I dont want to assume they are booked and then get there and SURPRISEEEE no pics and no music LOL

Also, are any of you planning any extra activities for your guests? I need some ideas please!

Thanks for your help!

Hi!!! 

Super excited with all the info on this forum... just finished reading all 341 posts...lol 

We are planning our wedding for 7/13/13 - waiting on the room packages before I send in my form and officially request the date. 

Has anyone been able to get prices for the rooms? I'm almost exactly a year away from my ideal wedding date... how long before prices are available? My TA tells me wholesale prices are not in yet... I just feel like it's taking FOREVER girl_werewolf.gif- do they offer any free rooms? I know some resorts give you 1 free room for every 10 booked... just an example... Any options like that at BBPD? 

For the packages I plan to go with the Tangerine... many of you have provided great info on this THANK YOU! 

I also LOVE the photo booth idea but I don't think it's worth it for just one hour - so this is what I plan to do : 

I am going to have a table set up (bridal party will help) with a big scrapbook - a nice basket with LOTS of props and 2 cameras... and 2 POGO printers... plenty of paper to print the pictures on (to use w/POGO) and nice pens for the guests to write a note next to the pic they take and place in the book... i'm sure you can all visualize this somehow. But the possibilities are endless and i'm sure it'll be more personal this way. You just have to have someone responsible check out the table every once in a while and make sure everything is running smooth! 

If you have any DIY ideas please post... it's always great to read ppl's creative thoughts :) 

I will keep you all posted as I hear from both the TA & Marlene... 

xo, 

Eva 

Hi JG..when did you do your site visit? I'm asking because you said it was too hot for bar higuey...since mine is in november I'm hoping it'll be a little cooler. I think bar higuey loks pretty cool, but considering doing the reception inside. Do you have any pics of the indoor venues?

Disazaja...keep me posted on your experience with Tropical Pictures as I have been emailing them for weeks and no one has ever responded. So we are bringing our photographer with us. Found it to be soooo much cheaper than their packages and way less stressful. Just cant deal with having our special day and the only memories we have in the hands of people that cant even return emails. In any event I was considering them for videography services. As  far as the DJ I had Susana include it on my invoice when I made my wire deposit. So hes booked. I suppose there are a few DJ's so as you get closer to your date you will have a better idea of who your DJ will be. Ironically, I did hear a few brides mention that the mic system was extra even having had booked the DJ? As you can imagine I quickly emailed Susana and she said it was included. So maybe just have that clarified via email just in case. As you know its vital to have everything documented.  

Hi Eva! Well my wedding is next June and room prices have always been available. You can even go on the website and see the hotels prices for rooms to make sure your ta is getting the best prices.  The air however still isnt published. It isnt until i think 331 days from departure. So yours wont be ready until late august I am guessing. It is annoying, as I am still waiting to see the bundled wholesale prices for my guests. But I was able to have my TA do 'prices starting at' for each room on my wedding website to give my guests a better idea.  As of now, even without the air out, my guests can make room reservations and make a small deposit towards the final price in order that they secure a room and reservation. Ofcourse many want to wait until the air comes out just to make sure they can afford it, but people like my  mother and sisters are in no matter what, so they are able to get room prices.  Those prices are also locked in at the time the reservation is made so if it goes up they wont have to pay more. I would check with your TA to see if this is something you could get moving on that might make you feel better. But of course dont do anything until you have the confirmation and package deposit done. 

On the free rooms thing I think that is also something to ask your TA because I havent heard anyone doing that so far. 

Also good idea about the DIY photobooth. Never heard of a pogo, had to look it up! :)