Floral Boquets @ Beaches Turks

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
  • Vendor
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

I don't think Beaches will let you receive flowers into the resort, but I don't think they could stop you from taking a quick taxi ride about 2 miles away to the Environmental Arts florist shop outside the Graceway IGA Grocery store.  You can contact them via email louise@environmentalarts.tc. 

Keep in mind that pretty much all flowers are flown in to the island, so prices will be a lot more than in the US.  We are not a lush tropical island with lots of native plants to choose from (there is a native orchid but it's very small, brown and yellow one...not pretty)  Our national flower is the turks head cactus.  Environmental Arts does some really nice work and will bring in what you want if you decide to go that route.  Just thought I would give you another option if you really do want to do it yourself.

Krys

Originally Posted by Lizzdee 

Does anyone know the prices of the Marta Stewat boquets? I am going to do the BB package and give the comp boquet to my MOH, and maybe get one of the other ones for myself.

I am a floral designer,,,,if the Martha Stewart boquet are a huge rip off....i may send myself flowers from an island florist (if i can) and rip it apart and make my own boquet the morning of. Do outside florists deliver to Beaches?

Thanks!! And if anyone needs flower help/advice/ect....let me know!!!

www.mdsfloraldesigns.com

#12 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
    • 396 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Brandy 

We are pretty much around the same guest count, yeah I definitely wanted to do a private reception for our guests, and we more than likely will only use the calypso band for an hour so I'm also thinking about the ipod option I havent decided yet though.  We are going with one of the MS themes, we chose the seaside serenade theme, I really really wanted the tropical paradise one but couldn't justify paying $6,000 for it.  I love the scenery at the gazebo, I have photos of the gazebo options if you would like to see them, there are actually 2 gazebo locations, we have decided to get married on the beach, mainly because I have always wanted to get married on the beach and our theme comes with an arch as well.

I would love to see pics of the gazebo options!!! Should i pmyou my email???

#13 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
      • 396 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:58 AM

Thats a great idea! I will check it out!! If i do this, do you think the people at beaches will raise hell b/c i bought my own flowers from a flower shop to make my boquet? You know them better than i do ! lol

Originally Posted by Tropical Imaging 

I don't think Beaches will let you receive flowers into the resort, but I don't think they could stop you from taking a quick taxi ride about 2 miles away to the Environmental Arts florist shop outside the Graceway IGA Grocery store.  You can contact them via email louise@environmentalarts.tc. 

Keep in mind that pretty much all flowers are flown in to the island, so prices will be a lot more than in the US.  We are not a lush tropical island with lots of native plants to choose from (there is a native orchid but it's very small, brown and yellow one...not pretty)  Our national flower is the turks head cactus.  Environmental Arts does some really nice work and will bring in what you want if you decide to go that route.  Just thought I would give you another option if you really do want to do it yourself.

Krys

#14 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:08 AM

I'll PM you the photos

#15 Kendall

Kendall
          • 234 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

I think my TA is falling down on the job. :  I'd love to see anything you have with resort photos (of wedding sites) and bouquet examples as well.  We're getting married at Beaches on May 21st and plan on having the 3 hours private reception... using the Ipod dock as well rather than a band.  Expect about 24 people.

#16 Brandy

Brandy
            • 2,628 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Here are the photos I have courtesy of Monica B. Beaches Wedding Coordinator, of the wedding sites, 2 gazebo sites, and the beach site

006_6.JPG

004_4.JPG

gaz4.JPG

gaz5.JPG

gazebo1.JPG

gazebo2.JPG

#17 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
              • 86 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for posting those pictures!  It's going to be hard to decide where to have our ceremony!  The beach is absolutely beautiful, but there will be people laying out on the beach during the cermeony.  The gazebos look more private, and provide a little bit of shade, but I don't think the scenery is as pretty.  I am sure I will figure it out all when I arrive! :-)

#18 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
                • 396 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by LaurenMarie 

Thanks for posting those pictures!  It's going to be hard to decide where to have our ceremony!  The beach is absolutely beautiful, but there will be people laying out on the beach during the cermeony.  The gazebos look more private, and provide a little bit of shade, but I don't think the scenery is as pretty.  I am sure I will figure it out all when I arrive! :-)

I know what you mean! I love them all!

#19 nolabride78

nolabride78
                  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

Omg I'm so overwhelmed. I thought this would be easy. After reading this I'm not too sure. Are the MS themes exactly like the pics? what about flowers for your wedding party?

#20 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
                    • 396 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:55 AM

Have you been to a TA??? I have not booked yet but went and saw my TA and she sent me home with a boatload of info. I do believe everything does look pretty close if not exact to the pics. Remember they are flowers though and sometimes they have to sub something if they cant get it or if it comes in looking crappy. But from the pics of other girls weddings they do seem to look pretty exact. Your TA can give you brouchers that have all the MS themes in them and also a seperate booklet of just bouquets. I have the wedding kit in my email, if you dont have it let me know and i can email it to you. That has all the prices concerning photography, dinner options, and more.

Originally Posted by nolabride78 

Omg I'm so overwhelmed. I thought this would be easy. After reading this I'm not too sure. Are the MS themes exactly like the pics? what about flowers for your wedding party?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users