STD and Invite Info

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

Hey all!

Planning a Beaches T&C Wedding for 01/2012.  Kinda confused about what to do about STD and invites...

-I kinda of want to send STD to everyone on my list with a formal invite/info package to follow. Do you guys think it is wierd to ask for a reply in the STD? Even if it is yes, no, maybe?  My thinking is that this would give me a better idea of a head count, and i would know who to send real invites/info packages which would be more fancy (passports)??

What did you guys do? I want to send them out in 01/2011 to give people time to save $$$.....Thoughts please!!!

#2 Teira1031

Teira1031
    • 766 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

I've read a lot of brides on here send out their STDs with an RSVP just to get an idea of who may be coming, I think a yes, no and maybe is good. Just so youcan start to get a better idea of who may or may not come

#3 Aumuller

Aumuller
      • 365 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

I think its fine to do a RSVP with a STD. Alternatively you could less formally email people and ask them for that information for a head count.

#4 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
        • 396 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:38 AM

Thanks! My TA does a website for us, so im a going to see if an RSVP is something included on it. With some clever wording on the STD, I think this may be okay!

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:40 AM

Thats what I did, I sent a RVSP with std with a yes, no or maybe option.  Just start getting some of them back. I doubt everyone will send one back. But I wanted a general idea of might like to join us

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
            • 396 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

I think that is what i am going to do...I would rather spend less money on the STD and invest more in the actual invite that has more info in for people who are serious about coming. Do you have a pic of your STD? I would love to see it?

#7 karyan

karyan
              • 184 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

We sent our STD's a year in advance, and on the STD we put:

"Formal invitations will be sent to those who RSVP online"

This allows people who intend to come to RSVP yes, those who won't RSVP no, and the maybe's don't RSVP at all.........

I made the website as informative as possible, and attached that info on the STD. This gives a rough head count, but we'll have to send reminder emails to all our non repliers around the 6 month mark I think. This was so I didn't go to the effort of making a heap of formal invites when only 1/3 might actually attend. My intention is too only send formal invites to those who have booked flights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users