Cutting the Budget HELL!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 missgomes

• 296 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Had a conversation earlier about cutting some costs back to pay for 3 family members that cannot afford the trip.  Understand the concept but sooooo disappointed.  

#2 skadow

• Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

Wow your a lot nicer then me. I wouldnt pay for anyones trip, unless it was a parent that had a darn good reason!

#3 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

I understand how you feel, we are trying to cut back on our budget as well so I can pay for my parents to be there.  It makes things a little more difficult. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#4 Aumuller

• 365 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:27 PM

I'm in the same boat. I think we have to pay for both sets of our parents. Its going to take a huge hit on our budget and have to cut back on everything else. Its disappointing but worth it to have our parents there.

#5 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:48 AM

I know how you feel about cuttingt the budget.  Not to pay for someone else; though I would have paid for any parents if they really couldnt afford it.

I got made redundant in June and didnt get another job until September so 4 months with no money coming in.  But I think its made me realise you dont have to spend a fortune to get the things you want x

Josie x

#6 missgomes

• 296 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

Well I have on a happy face and hopefully my mood will catch up!  Its just back to the drawing board.  Thanks for the comments!

#7 lilbuddha

• 70 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:46 AM

Hang in there, I don't think any wedding is complete without budget stress.  If we were all loaded this would all be so much more fun lol.

Mia & Pauly May 5th, 201163 guests + bride & groom.....and counting.

#8 pinkbride2011

• 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

Totally sympathize.  My FI and I are already paying for the wedding ourselves.  I went from having my mom buy her own ticket, room, dress and my dress.... to now paying for my own dress, her dress, her room and ticket.  I was a little embarrassed at first, my FI comes from a more financially stable family than I do, but he has been so great and not at all resentful (as I feared).  Ultimately, I love my mother and it just wouldn't be the same without her.  So we made the cuts where we needed to.... I'm okay parting with the extras I "had" to have.  I HAVE to have my family there.  If you're like me and family is most important, then in the end, you'll make peace with it.  In the meantime- I totally get it, it's disappointing for sure.

June 11, 2011

#9 missgomes

• 296 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

I've definitely gotten over it.  It is more important to have the ones we love there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users