My Wedding decor so far....this is so much fun!!!!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 smangicap

• 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Hi everyone:

Despite much initial trepidation, I have discovered that planning my destination wedding is actually REALLY FUN! I've discovered a creative side of me that I never knew existed!

We are having our wedding at the beautiful Dreams Resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - so I felt that a mexican "theme' was appropriate. However, I didn't want to do an extreme, fiesta Mexico theme - I wanted to do a more subdued, "mexican meets glam" type of theme. Our colors are lime green, black, white, and a splash of purple.

To incorporate my FI's mexican heritage, I decided to use some traditional mexican items in my decor:

1.) Papel Picado - this translates roughly to "cut paper" (think paper snowflakes, but much more intricate). Typically, these banners are brightly colored and really festive; however, I will be using only black and white banners. I will lay some of the black picado sheets on the table as decoration (see below picture). Basically, I wanted a sort of "lacy" look, but with a mexican twist :)

2.) Limes - when I think mexico, I definitely think LIMES :) Thus, our signature lime green color. I will use cut up limes in the centerpiece vase with purple and green flowers (I am thinking hydrangeas). I will also use lime green fans as favors - I will spread them out over the table - to me they look like beautiful lime slices!

3.) Lime eyelet paper lanterns - mexicans use a lot of paper lanterns in their parties, and I love how these are reminiscent of whole lime fruits. The eyelet pattern will also cast pretty shadows :)

4.) TEQUILA :) - what mexican doesn't like tequila??? lol I have decided to have a tequila shot "toast" rather than the traditional champagne/wine toast during the fiesta. I will set up a special "toast section" on each table, which will have a bottle of Patron tequila, small limes (painted with "I do" and "si", and with crystals glued on - I know, I am really getting into this!!! :) a personalized shot glass, and a mini charro sombrero (see picture below).

I honestly never thought that this would be so fun! I was never a girl who dreamed about her wedding, so discovering that I actually enjoy this makes it all the better!

Below are pictures of my planned wedding reception table decor (created using word and microsoft paint), the logo I created (I'm not sure yet how I will incorporate this into the decor) and the tequila toast setup.

I hope you like these - please, please, please don't hesitate to reply with any comments/suggestions! :)

Reception Table layouts (I'm still undecided on rectangle vs. circle tables):

Reception table layout.jpg

Final Wedding Logo.jpg

Tequila Shot station.JPG

#2 smangicap

• 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

Also, here is a picture of the lime/hydrangea (I think) centerpiece I want to have:

#3 smangicap

• 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

And here is an example of black papel picado:

Papel Picado - BLACK.jpg

#4 erinbrooke124

• 282 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

You've done a great job!  You're very creative.  I'm also using purple and lime green.  The black and white is a nice touch :)

June 14, 2011 <3
          Photographer:Sascha Gluck
          Hair/Makeup: Fernando Fuentes
          Dress: Blue by Enzoani - Casablanca :: Bridesmaids: Alfred Angelo Pure 7108/7109
          Booked:Bride+Groom+35 Guests

#5 jystar13

• 185 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

i love everything you are doing! so creative! and i think the tequila as opposed to champagne toast is perfect! such a fantastic idea! 

now sapphire riviera cancun - february 19, 2011 - 63 booked :)

#6 Teira1031

• 766 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

This is all so great! I LOVE the colors together! You have put so much time and thought into all this! Cant wait to see more of your ideas!

#7 Aumuller

• 365 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

Looks fantastic. Very creative. I love the centrepieces.

#8 slandro06

• 153 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

My colors are purple and lime grenn too! I love your ideas!

#9 smangicap

• 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

Thanks everyone! It feels so good to get positive feedback - no matter how much you love something, there is always that little twinge of doubt :)

#10 lesley_mexico_bride

• 230 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

WOW, I LOVE it, it's so funny, I was reading your post and I was like, "She and I want the exact same decor!" My colors are purple and lime green too! Love it, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users