Photo

what did you feel right before you walked down the aisle?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
    *shudders*

My fav shot would have to be tequila - Patron's always a good bet!

we're WAY off topic, ha! but my favorite shot is tequile too! But I really like Don Julio!

#12 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by tvt
      same here! well maybe drunk is an overstatement, but we were definitley not completely sober!
      Us too. I was so sick and I knew what was coming so I figured some tequila would help me hang in there ~ I was right!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#13 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by tvt
        we're WAY off topic, ha! but my favorite shot is tequile too! But I really like Don Julio!

We don't have alcohol on our brains at all!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#14 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

Wow, lol... I open this thread interested in the newlywed's responses, and here you gals are talking about getting drunk. haha
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#15 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CourtneyV
            Wow, lol... I open this thread interested in the newlywed's responses, and here you gals are talking about getting drunk. haha
            lol ... maybe we should start a new thread for some real answers and change this one to "Fave Shots/Drunk Engagements".

#16 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by CourtneyV
              hahaha

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#17 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:58 PM

OK - well I'll answer the question! Bring the respect back to this thread!

I was expecting to be very calm. I had been having fun in the pool all day but as it got closer and closer to the ceremony I started havign to hold back tears. I don't know what it was I was just filled with SO many emotions and excitement and nerves. All that was running through my head was, "don't cry. don't cry. don't cry..."
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#18 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gkashmira
                  OK - well I'll answer the question! Bring the respect back to this thread!

I was expecting to be very calm. I had been having fun in the pool all day but as it got closer and closer to the ceremony I started havign to hold back tears. I don't know what it was I was just filled with SO many emotions and excitement and nerves. All that was running through my head was, "don't cry. don't cry. don't cry..."
                  You get the prize for the first real response!

That is so beautiful. Did you end up crying??

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#19 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:20 PM

I'm not sure how I will be... usually I'm pretty calm but being such a big day and all.. I may need a drink before too.. heh!

#20 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

Honestly I was 100000% at peace. True my WC handed me a shot glass 15 seconds before I made my appearance (and that was after margaritas, champagne, and shots prior to that) but I was so ready. I spent the day at Las Caletas swimming/getting massaged/napping/and just being with my girls. A few hours before the ceremony I laid out on a hammock up in the hills overlooking the emerald water and I wrote my vows. It was incredibly relaxing.

When I made my way down to walk out, I ran into the gm's who were waiting for us and my "song" started to play. That's when it hit me - this is it! I felt freakin fabulous, no nerves, no jitters, just a perfect peace in knowing this is so natural and so right. Sounds corny but it was true, the only thing I felt besides peace was excitement...I couldn't wait to see the love of my universe waiting for me at the edge of the ocean. It was magical, a strange calm that I didn't expect to feel because I thought all brides freak out at the last minute . . . I think I watch too many wedding shows..lol

We hadn't seen each other in like 11 hours so I was dying to see him. When I finally did, and got to the end of the aisle, we kissed each other which felt normal to us, but someone later said we weren't supposed to kiss until the end....hahaha....nobody could have stopped us :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users