Photo

Gran Caribe Real Brides 2012

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#91 SparksFly

SparksFly
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

Has anyone gotten any good deals for the Gran Caribe out of the states?

I just checked expedia/travelocity/orbitz and they all have the caribe for around $400 a night for two people?!? 

I thought it was around 200-270 a night??

Help!

#92 mysecreteden

mysecreteden
    • 79 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Since we didn't have enough rooms booked either, that's when we splurged and booked a Gran Master room to get the complimentary package.

Actually I noticed a lot of brides on here just got their articulate friend to do their ceremony. It's more personal, and very sweet as well. 

Originally Posted by acornk 

Is anyone doing the Civil Ceremony down there?

We thought about getting legally married here first but we still need to pay $600 for a Minister down there to perform the ceremony even if we are already married, which is kind of ridiculious!

We do not have enough rooms booked for the Complimentary package :( and that includes a minister

What is everyone else planning on doing? :)

#93 wood

wood
      • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hi, 

is theb1500 just for flight out of Canada or it also includes resort say for 6 nights?

My guest are staying for 3 nights, flying from Miami and NY and the total cost with flight is about 1200/person. I find  that  $300 difference doessnt make sense

#94 acornk

acornk
        • 68 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

We are paying $1300- $1600 from Canada for 7 nights all inclusive (price doe not include insurance though)

Originally Posted by wood 

Hi, 

is theb1500 just for flight out of Canada or it also includes resort say for 6 nights?

My guest are staying for 3 nights, flying from Miami and NY and the total cost with flight is about 1200/person. I find  that  $300 difference doessnt make sense

Marrying my high school sweetheart on April 7th 2012 at the Gran Caribe Real Resort

#95 acornk

acornk
          • 68 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Usually the less amount of days you stay, the more it is for some reason.  We looked into staying an extra 3 days and it was an extra $900! Which is crazy

Originally Posted by acornk 

We are paying $1300- $1600 from Canada for 7 nights all inclusive (price doe not include insurance though)

Marrying my high school sweetheart on April 7th 2012 at the Gran Caribe Real Resort

#96 Catish11

Catish11
            • 72 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

hello!!! getting married in Feb 2013 and it's beautiful there!!! we went to visit last month and really wanted our wedding to b right then and there!!! It's a beautiful resort (both Gran Caribe and The Royal) both with many spots to get married and have the reception. We did no food tasting however. We saw all the venues and also spoke directly with our wedding coordinator, Diana, who answered all my 50 questions with a smile and patience lol. Looking forward to our wedding there next year and hope yours is all you dreamed it to be!! :D

#97 Honeylime

Honeylime
              • 28 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

Hello brides-to-be,

Does anyone have a picture of what the chairs at the Royal/Gran Caribe look like naked? I'm trying to decide whether to order chair covers and sashes for the ceremony, but I don't really like the look of their chair covers, so maybe I can just order sashes? I've also considered having some aisle decorations hanging from the side of the chairs but not sure if I'll be able to secure the decorations on the chairs since that will depend on the style of the chairs. (I've seen beautiful pictures of wedding ceremonies at both resorts but not sure if the style of the chairs have changed recently.)

Thanks brides!

P.S. If anyone would like a copy of the script for a symbolic wedding, just lemme know and I'll be glad to post it.

#98 mysecreteden

mysecreteden
                • 79 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

folding chairs 1.jpg

I recently asked my WC the same question, this is the picture she has sent me. FYI, my wedding will be on the beach at the Gran Caribe Resort. Hope this help

#99 acornk

acornk
                  • 68 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

I would love to have the scirpt please :)

Originally Posted by Honeylime 

Hello brides-to-be,

Does anyone have a picture of what the chairs at the Royal/Gran Caribe look like naked? I'm trying to decide whether to order chair covers and sashes for the ceremony, but I don't really like the look of their chair covers, so maybe I can just order sashes? I've also considered having some aisle decorations hanging from the side of the chairs but not sure if I'll be able to secure the decorations on the chairs since that will depend on the style of the chairs. (I've seen beautiful pictures of wedding ceremonies at both resorts but not sure if the style of the chairs have changed recently.)

Thanks brides!

P.S. If anyone would like a copy of the script for a symbolic wedding, just lemme know and I'll be glad to post it.

#100 Catish11

Catish11
                    • 72 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

Does anyone know if the resort gives group discount rates? We have been emailing with the person in charge of setting up group reservations and when we mentioned the discount rate for a group, he never replied to our email!! i was just wondering what other brides were doing in terms of getting their loved ones out there for a price that's not too crzy....thanks! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users