STD and Invitaions....same theme

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sm8022

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

I just ordered my STD and im now starting to look at invitation ideas.  I did the passports for the STD and i want to do the boarding passes for the inviations.  My dilemma is the following: i want to make my own boaarding passes but i had my STD custom made so they won't have the same theme/design........ Is it tacky if they dont match?????  I would try to get the similar desings but in the end they desigs wont be the same!  

#2 niajs

• 214 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

I don't think it'd be tacky at all. I don't think a passport and a boarding pass CAN look the same. We are doing it the other way round and I think our passports will be less formal than our STDs (my FSIL made the boarding passes before I discovered this forum and they are more formal with ribbons and crystals).

You say they won't be the same theme, but surely the theme is travel so you've already matched the theme there!

#3 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

Don't worry about it.  Of all the weddings I've been invited to the STD have not matched the invites.  You're using the same theme - travel - even if you aren't using the same design.  I will have the same situation - I did the STD boarding passes by myself but will do passports invites most likely professional. 

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#4 sm8022

• Banned
        • 22 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:45 PM

great points! thanks girls!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users