Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mmc1105

Real Touch Regrets?

Recommended Posts

So glad I found this thread. I am not particularly into flowers and would only be using a florist for the centrepieces and buttonholes as the church provides flowers and I'm planning on using centrepieces with sand and shells etc. I'd chosen a florist when I was last in Australia but I've recently emailed and they appear to no longer be in business! Before I found BDW I would never have considered silk flowers but I've seen some pics which look great. Future SIL is a florist and she's made some lovely silk arrangements before, so I'm planning on asking her opinion.

 

By the way, what's a shadow box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to check out all those informative threads but I just wanted to ask a quick question.

 

For those who did use the silk flowers....how did you transport them to your DW?  Did they get smashed or wrinkled along the way?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by niajs View Post

By the way, what's a shadow box?

A shadowbox is basically a frame, like a picture frame in which you can display pictures/items/collectables. You can probably google it just to give you a better idea.

 

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/donovan-metal-gallery-frames/?pkey=cframes-albums
 

http://www.squidoo.com/shadow-box-picture-frames



Quote:

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

I am going to check out all those informative threads but I just wanted to ask a quick question.

 

For those who did use the silk flowers....how did you transport them to your DW?  Did they get smashed or wrinkled along the way?  


I had no issues in terms of transporting my flowers. Since we checked in most of our bags, I used my carry on to put all the arrangements in. I only had 2 bouquets & 2 bouts so it wasn't that hard to manage. I left everything packed in a box the way it was shipped & then stuffed the box with tissue paper. I then put that box inside a bag & brought it right on with me. It fit into the overhead bin just fine & I could've even given it to one of the stewards along with my dress since they hung that up for me. When I arrived at the hotel, they were'nt smashed or anything, they were just perfect. It's definitely doable.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  I will probably end up doing the same thing along with any glass stuff I need to transport. 
 

Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post

Quote:


I had no issues in terms of transporting my flowers. Since we checked in most of our bags, I used my carry on to put all the arrangements in. I only had 2 bouquets & 2 bouts so it wasn't that hard to manage. I left everything packed in a box the way it was shipped & then stuffed the box with tissue paper. I then put that box inside a bag & brought it right on with me. It fit into the overhead bin just fine & I could've even given it to one of the stewards along with my dress since they hung that up for me. When I arrived at the hotel, they were'nt smashed or anything, they were just perfect. It's definitely doable.
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post

Quote:

A shadowbox is basically a frame, like a picture frame in which you can display pictures/items/collectables. You can probably google it just to give you a better idea.

 

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/donovan-metal-gallery-frames/?pkey=cframes-albums
 

http://www.squidoo.com/shadow-box-picture-frames



 

Ahh - thanks for explaining! What a great idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading this thread I have decided to go with real touch flowers, and I'm so excited!! Thanks for all the info!! :)

 

On a side note, in my recent journey to pick a real touch vendor, I requested quotes from three different real touch florists. I ended up choosing Angles Accents (love her flowers!!) and when I let Hibiscus Florals know that I went with a different vendor, they responded with the most unprofessional rude e-mail I have come across in my wedding planning process to date. Definitely beware of this vendor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by kball21 View Post

After reading this thread I have decided to go with real touch flowers, and I'm so excited!! Thanks for all the info!! :)

 

On a side note, in my recent journey to pick a real touch vendor, I requested quotes from three different real touch florists. I ended up choosing Angles Accents (love her flowers!!) and when I let Hibiscus Florals know that I went with a different vendor, they responded with the most unprofessional rude e-mail I have come across in my wedding planning process to date. Definitely beware of this vendor!

GREAT CHOICE!!!  Angel is doing my florals as well!!!   She is wonderful to work with, such a wonderful person, and answers your questions/emails/concerns, etc in a professional and quick manner! She by far has been my favorite vendor to work with!!!!  I am super excited about my flowers!!!!!

So sorry to hear about your troubles with the other vendor, but thank you for sharing!!  So sad that they don't value their business enough to "thank you for considering their business and wish you the best in your wedding planning". Their rudeness would make me feel even more confident in my choice if I were you!!!

  I sent out 3 quotes myself and Angel was the only one that emailed me back, not to mention the next day!!  So for me I knew she was the right vendor!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×