Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

• Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#501 Janet1480

Janet1480
  • 709 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi cdc :) 

I hosted a welcome dinner the day after we got there and we handed them out to everyone that evening as we thanked them all for being there with us...it worked well that way and everyone shared in the excitement together as they looked at all their stuff :)

Originally Posted by cdc150 

Anyone who gave out welcome bags at the resort, how did you do it?

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#502 Oct 2012 Bride

Oct 2012 Bride
    • 217 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'm glad you were able to get the incentive. It really helps out alot. I just confirmed my photographer. I know someone here in the states that take beautiful pictures. Her style is more of a journalistic photography which is awesome. So now I can get all the pictures I want. We are flying her down and using one of our free rooms for her stay. So we will be saving alot of money this way.

I think handing the bags out at dinner is a nice idea as well. I was thinking about having them in delivered to the rooms before they get there, so when they enter they have the nice surprise. But then again maybe I can incorporate a nice personalized gift giving time slot to the welcome cocktail party we are planning will do the trick as well.

My FI was talking to one of our co-workers that is getting married this month, the traditional way. And he told him that " if he could do it all over again he would have a destination wedding." I don't know about you guys but it make me feel even better about my choice to get married this way.

#503 maridr2012

maridr2012
      • 251 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

For any brides that were married at PPC, did you hire the Caribbean Trio?  I'd like to hire them for the cocktail hour, in lieu of hiring a full band for the reception (we're just doing a dj).  Can anyone provide a review on the trio?

#504 ayansi08

ayansi08
        • 49 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

Wanted to give a heads up!

Our wedding is on October 27, 2012. My brothers girlfriend lives in DR, so I will be shipping a box FULL of stuff.

To save money, I'm planning on shipping-

-Ivory Table Linens for 5-7 tables

-Sage/Willow green table runners for 5-7 tables

-Several cylinder vases with latex flowers to do submerged flower centerpieces

-Decorations for gazebo

I wanted to put the word out! If there are any brides getting married soon after Oct 27th and are interested in purchasing any of the items, let me know! I'm sure we could work something out and I could leave the stuff at the resort for you.

I'm still in early planning but thought it would be great to touch base with a bride that may be interested so you won't have to stress taking some items I may already have there! I have inspiration pics I could send = )

Isnaya

#505 keedon2011

keedon2011
          • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

@imazz thanks for mentioning this about not having to pay extra for dinner at an all-inclusive resort. I was thinking the same thing. I have 40 guest so we will work with the servers to get the other menu. Any other tips? My wedding is in May!

#506 keedon2011

keedon2011
            • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

@imazz thanks for mentioning this about not having to pay extra for dinner at an all-inclusive resort. I was thinking the same thing. I have 40 guest so we will work with the servers to get the other menu. Any other tips? My wedding is in May!

#507 keedon2011

keedon2011
              • 32 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

#508 deesanders33

deesanders33
                • 329 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

I actually just got an email about this from Miguelina because I was wondering the same thing. It is FREE for the first 20 people and then after that it is $15 per head.

#509 maridr2012

maridr2012
                  • 251 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Have any of the PPC brides customized a wedding cake?  I have a wedding cake included in my package and I think the standard flavors are vanilla or chocolate; but I'd love to do a filling of rasberry or passion fruit or maybe even mango, something to keep with the tropical venue.  Any thoughts/ideas/feedback?

#510 MsXtina

MsXtina
                    • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! We're getting married on 4/13/13 in Punta Cana. Did you use a local photographer? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users