Jump to content
bikegirl

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by kissta View Post

 

My travel agent just got back from PPC and she said it looked great and most of the rooms have been renovated! May I ask what bikes you are talking about? Is this to get around the resort?

A lot of ladies on this board have mentioned how poor the service has been through the Miami office, but I haven't experienced this. They promptly return my emails and telephone calls (and I have been contacting them over a year out from my wedding date).

Perhaps for a bride who is not on this blog, they may find some problems. The Miami Romance Team just goes through a little list of wants and do not wants, but since I ask all my questions on this board, I feel well prepared and bring things up to the team that they do not mention. If you do all the research yourself (like I have been doing for over a year), you might find yourself being pleased with the service you get through the Miami office. It would have been nice to have a destination wedding planner, but I opted not to go through with one because I wasn't sure how much of my budget that service would have consumed!

If you choose to go through Miami, do all your research, like you are now, and I think you'd be fine with them.

I have been dealing with Jessica and she's really nice and organized.

Happy planning!! :)

 

Yea, the new bikes are to get around the resort. I follow tripadvisor and a common complaint is that the trolley that circles the resort takes forever to come. It's also a pain for some to walk from the Reserve to the rest of the resort in the hot sun. So, I assume that's why this new management is adding the bike service.

 

Lucky you for getting a planner from the Miami office who's good. I've definitely heard specific horror stories from other brides who were depending on them. It's unfortunate though. Maybe it was just a couple who give everyone else there a bad name. Anyhow, good luck on your big day!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

 

 

Yea, the new bikes are to get around the resort. I follow tripadvisor and a common complaint is that the trolley that circles the resort takes forever to come. It's also a pain for some to walk from the Reserve to the rest of the resort in the hot sun. So, I assume that's why this new management is adding the bike service.

 

Lucky you for getting a planner from the Miami office who's good. I've definitely heard specific horror stories from other brides who were depending on them. It's unfortunate though. Maybe it was just a couple who give everyone else there a bad name. Anyhow, good luck on your big day!!!!

That's awesome that they have bikes now! I hadn't heard that before!! Thanks for your information! I am also glad I got a good planner from Miami! Thanks for the luck and all the best to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Ladies - brides and brides to be, I have a question. I"m thinking about making some additions to my wedding - but last minute. When I get to the hotel, which will be 3 days before my wedding - will they let me add things? Example - Lighting and tenting and the possible fire dancers? I just can't make up my mind now, and I'm about to close my books soon. Anybody have any ideas or experience? Thank you ladies!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by TishaJules View Post

 

Hey Ladies - brides and brides to be, I have a question. I"m thinking about making some additions to my wedding - but last minute. When I get to the hotel, which will be 3 days before my wedding - will they let me add things? Example - Lighting and tenting and the possible fire dancers? I just can't make up my mind now, and I'm about to close my books soon. Anybody have any ideas or experience? Thank you ladies!!!

Hi TishaJules! I think this is a great idea, as my aunt did something similar. She added on no extras, and decided when she got down there and paid cash. She ended up being able to negotiate and get better prices. Mind you, she stayed at the Riu. I truly do not believe our resort negotiates, and therefore, for some items such as the fire dancers, I think they would need notice for that. Perhaps if you arrive and your wedding is not for a few days it may be fine!

We were thinking of adding on an hour with the DJ when we are at the reception, but after speaking with our Wedding Coordinator, I do not believe this would be possible as the resort collects the fee for the DJ (we don't pay him directly) and then they would charge you the fee for extending your reception.

Let me know how it goes as your wedding is a month before mine! All the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke with my wedding planner, Jessica, from Miami! I have to say she's pretty fricking awesome!!!! She's made me feel better about the whole process :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by SexyCebuana View Post

 

I spoke with my wedding planner, Jessica, from Miami! I have to say she's pretty fricking awesome!!!! She's made me feel better about the whole process :) 

Hi! I have Jessica too, and I am really impressed with her! She's so nice and has been so helpful for over a year now!

Our weddings are very close to one another. What day do you arrive on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by SexyCebuana View Post

 

Anybody heard any reviews about RS entertainment as the in resort DJ?? 

I have heard positive reviews about RS Entertainment through this blog. I think they stopped working with DJ Mannia because they were late or whatnot to events? I have been in contact with the DJ, so far all he has provided me is a form to fill out with my preferences, etc. I am working on finishing it this week and then will send back and we will see what happens afterwards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×