Sign in to follow this  
Birdie07

Book Club 2010

Just finished!! OMG...loved it! GREAT suggestion!! And I just read the "about the author" and she's Canadian...and only lives about an hour from me! I will definitely be looking to read more of her books!

Has everyone read it now? If so, can we discuss it earlier than the 12th?? No pressure for those that haven't read it yet, I was just wondering!

I'm very excited to get started on the next book...in the meantime I will finish the one I put down to read Room!

Glad you enjoyed it.  One of the reasons that intrigued me to pick it was because she is Canadian!! 

Originally Posted by BachataBride View Post

Just finished!! OMG...loved it! GREAT suggestion!! And I just read the "about the author" and she's Canadian...and only lives about an hour from me! I will definitely be looking to read more of her books!

Has everyone read it now? If so, can we discuss it earlier than the 12th?? No pressure for those that haven't read it yet, I was just wondering!

I'm very excited to get started on the next book...in the meantime I will finish the one I put down to read Room!

Originally Posted by lyndsay_h View Post

I didn't even notice she was Canadian!  I thought it was cool when I finished Book of Negroes that the author lives close to us.

How did you like The Book of Negroes? I have that on my to read list.

I finished Room in 3 days...very quick read! Can't wait to see what the next book is...in the mean time I just started The Help today.

It was a great story, I stayed up way too late reading it because I didn't want to leave off at a depressing spot...but most of the book is pretty sad.  I just heard about The Help today, I think I'll look for it to read next.