Sign in to follow this  
engagedjuly30th

Where to get married Cancun or Punta Cana?

This is the dilemma I am currently facing, also.  We had basically settled on Dreams Punta Cana, but we are having some difficulties getting a date that I think will work for our guests- so, I'm opening my mind back up to Cancun/Riviera Maya.  However, now FI kinda has his heart set on the DR.  I don't know what to do.. I'm scouring the DR forum looking for alternate sites, and waiting patiently on a date confirmation from my travel agent.

Welcome!!  Well that definitely is a tough one.  I was torn between Mexico and Jamaica for a while but I knew Mexico would be the better option for a few reasons.  I've heard a lot of ppl rave about the DR.  Good Luck!!!

Congratulations and welcome. If you decide on PC, look at getting married at the Jellyfish restaurant. The restaurant is awesome. Do a search and check it out...it seems great. Enjoy the forum!

Some websites say you have to, while a couple others say "some states in Mexico require chest x-rays."  You should check with the wedding coordinator at the resort.  But the blood test is definitely necessary.  I heard they can even come to your hotel room with sterile needles.  Regardless, that was when my FI said the DR was the way to go.  There is the 3 day requirement, but some resorts aren't that strict about that.  Other than that, it seems pretty easy.