Photo

GREAT NEWS

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AishaB

AishaB
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

okay ladies, I had a wonderul weekend and wanted to share it with all of you.

First: I GOT THE JOB!  Thanks for all of your happy thoughts and prayers.  It has been a hard road but God has blessed me with this.

Second:  my family and FI's family got together last night.  It was a smashing hit. Everyone got along great and had a wonderful time. It was great food, good conversation and great times.  We are so happy about that.

Now we can officially announce our engagement to everyone.  The cards have just been waiting until we had the families together, before we let the cat out of the bag to everyone else.  We wanted to do it in a traditional way, and it worked out wonderfully.

Thanks everyone for all your words of kindness and great ideas and advice. Now on with the planning!

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#2 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
    • 2,727 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Oh Wow!! thats awesome news Aisha!!

Congratulations on the new job and on both of your families coming together and getting along!

He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
      My Planning Thread

#3 MissSimone

MissSimone
      • 255 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

that's wonderful! God is so good!

#4 Pazzesca

Pazzesca
        • 210 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

OMG!! that is wonderful news!! so glad to hear that things are falling into place!! Enjoy the official start of your planning!! <3

#5 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
          • 265 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

congrats, and happy planning.

#6 skadow

skadow
            • Banned
            • 1,853 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:15 PM

Awesome....Congrats!

I don't know what your situation was, but I was laid off for 9months before I found a new job. It really makes you appreciate what you have and not take thing for granted. It was one of the hardest times of my life but Its made me a better employee and in the end I found a job where I make 8k more =) All about the silver lining baby!

So yay for good things happening to good people! I hope your love your new job, You seem like a really sweet girl that deserved it.

So glad to hear about your family too. Have a blast telling everyone the good news!

#7 ambularose

ambularose
              • 167 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:25 AM

Congrats on the job and engagement! Now on with the planning... have fun and good luck!

#8 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:31 AM

Congratulations, that is great news!  What will you be doing? 

#9 SonyaR

SonyaR
                  • 299 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:47 AM

Congratulations Aisha. That is great news all around.

Happy planning and congrats again!

#10 sorord1

sorord1
                    • 240 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

Congratulations Aisha!  I wish you guys the best.  Now on to the fun part, planning the wedding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users