Photo

Mexicana Airlines .... AHHHHHHHHHH

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 *Lo*

*Lo*
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

My parents rebooked on Westjet and they had booked their flights through our TA so she is applying for the refund for them from Mexicana.

I just applied for a refund for my brother and his girlfriend since I had booked their tickets, and I think my MOH and her bf are doing the same and just all re-booking on AA. I called AA and they said they would honor the Mexicana ticket but only as a same day standby, which obviously is pretty useless in a wedding situation. Not sure what FI's fam is doing, likely re-booking on Westjet flights.

So everyone is basically just booking again and paying more. Nothing really I can do.

#22 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
    • 307 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

We just called our credit card company and they refunded both tickets in full for our return flight!  No waiting for the money!  But now our return flights are super expensive. 

#23 jesmcan

jesmcan
      • 1,091 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

ChicagoPT that's great news! god I hope we hear some good news. We are still waiting to hear from the TA.

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#24 *Lo*

*Lo*
        • 2,993 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

So all of our guests have now rebooked on different airlines except for my brother, because i'm apparently supposed to book him. Anyone who booked through the TA, she applied for the refunds for them and booked them on new flights.

I dunno whatever. Mexicana blows...I'm over it.

#25 jesmcan

jesmcan
          • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

omg yay!!!! great news for us thank god for our TA. Everyone got their money back and she is just applying everything to new flights. A few people including us had to pay $150 extra per person :( others are actually getting refunds because their flights are cheaper now.

I feel so relieved I can't even tell you guys. I hope you all are having the same luck I will be thinking and praying this all gets resolved for all of you.

#26 *Lo*

*Lo*
            • 2,993 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

Oh yay that is so awesome!!!! Everything works out in the end.

For us, the flight prices doubled...so people have to pay a lot more....which sucks but it's close family and friends and they understand that it's not my fault obvi.

#27 jesmcan

jesmcan
              • 1,091 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

Ya Lo I mean this is clearly out of our control. I hope we can put this behind us and focus now on the million things we still have to do lol well I have to do. I want to be ale to finally relax and starting mentally preparing for my wedding day ;)

#28 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
                • 283 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

We disputed with credit card company and they refunded us right away.  The flights from Chicago to Cancun are ridiculous right now - hoping they are going to go down  or hopefully AA adds a non stop or another flight to CUN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users